Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 12:44 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Re: tires

Way too broad a question? What size wheels are you talking about? If you are looking for tires for a 17" or taller wheel you'll find speed ratings for 160+ mph but if you want tires for a 15" wheel then the highest speed rating available is about 112 mph. Then there are wet and dry ratings and it goes on and on.

At least share what wheel size you want tires for and if you plan to daily drive or weekend putt around... I've run BFG's, Donlop GT Qualifers and Nitto Tires on my Camaro and Nova in 15's and 17's but they are completely different animals...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 02:28 PM
Senior Tech
kevin

I run cooper tires on everything I own and had great success with them

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 03:35 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Dennis is right - way too broad a question to answer specifically. I recently replaced the Good Year tires on my 69 that were bought in 1978 at one of the USAFE base PX's in Germany. I went with the B F Goodrich T/A's because I personally like the old school original look of the F70 x14's with RWL. Ordered them at Tirerack and used the Tirerack.com discount at the Good Year store to mount and balance them cheaper then buying them there int he first place.

I conservatively kept the size in line with the original F70's with P225/70R14 but could have gone more aggressive but didn't want two sizes used, one in front and one in the rear. I also didn't want to spend any time chasing rubs and grinds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
camaro

Sorry ..for 18x8 front 18x9.5 back ..driving weekends and 2-3 days during week
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
camaro

All ive been reading or seeing people use is nitto 555
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
camaro

And i want like a 235or245 40 18 front 275 40 18 back
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 04:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

I have the Nitto 555's. They are a very good tire for the money. If you want all out performance and want to spend a little more, there are even better tires out there. But from a cost perspective the Nitto's are a solid choice.

I'm running 245/40/18 and 275/40/18's.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 14, 04:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

FWIW, the Nitto's tend to run a little narrower in width than their competitors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode