my ralleys~67 camaro wheels and tires - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 14, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

my ralleys~67 camaro wheels and tires

I get asked this question every so often by private message so I thought I would share it to help out fellow members...

Re: 67 camaro wheels an tires

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pacman
Hello Johnny, I saw this old post of your black 67 camaro with the original style wheels can you tell me what back spacing an wheel width an what if you dropped it any. I'm bout finished with my build an I want those wheels I really like that stance. I saw the wheel size on your post but not back spacing or if you drooped it any just said hotchkins suspension. Thank you for your time.

I get asked this question alot. I agree also about the stance.
15x8 255/60/15's on the back with the standard 4" corvette back space, hotchkis 1 1/2" drop leafs. Front is 2" drop hotchkis coils with 235/60/15's standard 4 1/4" backspace. The hotchkis suspension is the answer to all problems. I think it only cost me $400 for the leafs and coils. Make sure you install the shackells that come with the leafs. I left the old ones on at first and the rear end was bottoming out.
Johnnys 67' camaro 396BB 750cfm holley, edlebrock performer intake and high flow water pump, 3.42 posi, turbo 350, stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSD- ready to run distributor, headers, 2 1/2" exhaust, Hotchkis suspension
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2983.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	66762  

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 14, 09:43 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Re: my ralleys~67 camaro wheels and tires

"Bottoming out", you mean the rear tires were hitting wheel openings ?

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........

Last edited by Garfields Maro; Mar 7th, 14 at 09:56 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 14, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

The bell housing was hitting the floor when I hit the gas pedal hard or shifting hard. After the supplied shackles were installed it all worked great.

67Camaro 396BB 750Holley, edlebrock performer,280isky,3.42 posi, turbo 350,stage 2 shift kit, 2800 stall, MSDready to run distributor, headers, 2.5"exhaust, Hotchkis(1.5"/2"drop).(orig.Deep water blue/light blue dlx inter, v8 column shift/bench seat)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 14, 01:13 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Wow ....I don't quite understand that, but the car looks good none the less....a lot like mine.

Those are AZ code rear wheels ? I presume the trim rings are the rounded 'vette style ? Any close up pics ?

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 14, 08:16 PM
Jerry

Where did you get the coils and springs for $400?

Thanks,
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 14, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Johnny

I got it from these guys. http://www.mopacautosupply.com

I'm sure there's a shop in Texas that's similar. Go to the Hotckis web site and look up what dealers are in your area.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 14, 11:12 PM
Senior Tech
Doug

When I had the Ralley's on my 67 RS coupe the front wheels were 15" x 6" with 3.5" backspacing. The rear were 15" x 8" with 4.5" backspacing. My tires were B.F. Goodrich 215/70-15 BW and 255/60-15 TA's. I have the Hotchkis sport leaf springs too but I paid $460 from Summit Racing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode