Can't find 20 X 15 Wheels that fit & look good! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 14, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage
Can't find 20 X 15 Wheels that fit & look good!

I have an old school 69 Camaro Pro Street that has full rear wheel tubes a narrowed Dana 60 rear end and a Chris Alston chassis works susp set up so basically lots of room to go big but the problem I'm having is wanting to update from a very limited dated look of 15 X 15 rear wheel to a 20 X 15 that has the right back spacing and desireable looking wheel. I have spent hundreds of hours researching wheels and so far Amer Racing Torque thrust II and Hopster style of wheels are the only two that make a 20x15 with less than a 4" back spacing and I'm like Torq Thrust 2 but am so tired of seeing them on everything and Hopsters I'm not a fan of....Anyone have any suggestion with out having to run wheel spacers or adaptors to get the wheel out next to my quarter panel and not looking so inset please letme know, Thanks....!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 05:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jason

Re: Can't find 20 X 15 Wheels that fit & look good!

with all the money you have into the car just take measurements and have whatever wheels you want made for you.

Jason
2009 CTS-V - 1968 Camaro 327/M20 Sequoia Green
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage

Apparently money can't buy ya wheels my friend, it just isn't that easy I wish it was...!! The only two models made to fit my car are the two I mentioned. None of the other manufactors out there make a 20 x 15 wheel with less than a 4 or 4 1/2" min back spacing and ALL 20 x 15 are custom made I haven't found any manufactor whom just has them sitting around in stock ready to go....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 07:09 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

You have to contact the manufactures directly. A lot of company's build wheels per order one wheel at a time; Budnik does custom backspacing with a 4-6 week turn around. Foose does custom builds for his show all the time. You just have to get out of the "order it out of the catalog" mind set to get what you want. It's all about talking to the "right guy"...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 14, 07:25 AM
John

Garage

20" diameter? Or width?

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage

20" diameter by 15" wide....with a 3 1/2" back spacing.... First I've have yet to find one wheel manufactor out there whom makes a wheel wider than 15" and no one but Amer racing Torque Thrust II is the only one to offer a minimum back spacing less than 4 1/2" on that size wheel. I do like a 5 spoke wheel anything but a TT 2 they are so over done but it maybe my only choice..? Anyone have any help....?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 08:29 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Tim _ I don't see where you are having a problem, send me a check and I'll go shopping for you! In less than 3 minutes I found 20x17 with custom backspacing to your spec's, they'll cost you more than a grand though! Look at these (I found many others too) Foose 20x15 with custom backspacing to your spec's... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x15-FOOSE-...-/271363505436

The way I see it; if you want it and can afford it, it's out there!

...Dennis

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tim

Garage

Well its interesting the one link you attached is to ronsrims which is the exact guy I've been in contact daily whom has been trying to help me, he put me in contact with Chris Coddington Boyds son whom I talked to yesterday and was a very nice guy by the way. Chris mentioned only his "Pro Touring" line of wheels he could do with my min back spacing but those don't fit the look of my retro version Pro Street. I asked about the Junk yard dogs that are cool looking 5 spokes like the ones in your link but he said no at first...then he stop and said well for the right amount of money he'll stop production and build anything I wanted... I politely said well its been nice talking with you and I wont take up anymore of your time. I can roll with a grand a wheel but I wasn't even going to ask what it cost to play in the deep end of the pool....

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 14, 02:40 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Are there tires made for that size wheel that will fit your car ?
As above, if you have the $$$$, they will make it

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 14, 07:20 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankit View Post
Well its interesting the one link you attached is to ronsrims which is the exact guy I've been in contact daily whom has been trying to help me, he put me in contact with Chris Coddington Boyds son whom I talked to yesterday and was a very nice guy by the way. Chris mentioned only his "Pro Touring" line of wheels he could do with my min back spacing but those don't fit the look of my retro version Pro Street. I asked about the Junk yard dogs that are cool looking 5 spokes like the ones in your link but he said no at first...then he stop and said well for the right amount of money he'll stop production and build anything I wanted... I politely said well its been nice talking with you and I wont take up anymore of your time. I can roll with a grand a wheel but I wasn't even going to ask what it cost to play in the deep end of the pool....
The ebay auction is just under a grand a wheel and you seem to like them... They are Foose wheels (one of my first suggestions to you) and being offered in custom backspacing. What more do you want? Maybe you should contact Foose Wheels directly!

...Dennis

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 14, 02:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

And a grand a wheel isn't the deep end? Wow!!

06A 1969 Camaro Z28 X33D80 69 B 711 Black Stripes Console w/tach and gauges.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 14, 04:38 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Z28 View Post
And a grand a wheel isn't the deep end? Wow!!
Considering a buddy at work just spent $4500 for 2 wheels for his Harley.....not really

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
20 x 15, pro street, pro touring, wheel offset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode