MB OldSchool / Ridler 675 / American Racing VNT70R - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 14, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
chris

MB OldSchool / Ridler 675 / American Racing VNT70R

trying to find the right wheel can be a pain (period correct and nothing chrome, for our taste) . We love the triangular spoke over the rounded spoke. And to make matters worse we are on a budget (sub $150 per wheel) and love the staggered look (8's front & 9+'s rear). I think I have narrowed it down to 3 wheels. Two which look like they may be a problem.

~Mb Wheels Old School Gunmetal 17x8 ~4.5 backspace & 17x9.5 ~5.5 backspace =supposedly perfect fit but the 17x9.5 are out of stock everywhere and these are our #1 choice (doh)

~Ridler 675 Silver (btw we cannot find the manufacturer on the web) 17x8~4.5 backspace and out of stock per JEGS calling their vendor. and 17x9.5~with (negative)-5.75 backspace which should tuck the wheel inside the wheel well a bit more than the Mb Old School. also, we like the way the spoke starts at the hub and ends on a raised lip like the original 14'' torq thrust that came on my car when purchased.(the Mb Oldschool runs from the wheel hub to the rim without an extra "lip". But we are not crazy about the silver color, we'd rather see the gunmetal color as on the Mb Old School wheel

~American Racing VNT70R Silver 17x8~4.5 backspace & 17x9 with 5'' backspace. Discount tire is checking this coming Monday if the warehouse stocks them. And once again we'd rather have this wheel in gunmetal instead of silver. (powdercoat maybe?)

We think we'll run 235/45 front and 275/40 rear since this is what seems most common.
our suspension setup is SPC upper and lower control arms with Hotchkis springs & Hotchkis Leafs. Hotchkis front and rear bars. Wilwood dynalite 6piston 12'' rotor front and Wilwood 4piston 12''rotor rear.
Any input with a known source stocking any of the wheels is greatly appreciated.
And any input with rubbing issues is also greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

MB OLD SCHOOL

RIDLER 675

AMERICAN RACING VNT70R

'69Maro...LS1,4L60e, paint's done 4/10 ... now for brakes , suspension,steering,rear axle,...the cheap stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hahahahaha i crack myself up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode