67 RS Rally's - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 00, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Wink

My 67 RS is in need of new rims. I just bought it and it looks like rally wheels on the rear, but just steel rims in the front with some ugly hubcaps. the rear wheels are 15x7? and the fronts are 14x6 or 7 ? not sure, I was wondering what is the Stock rim / tire combo on a 67 RS, and what can I throw in the rear to make it look cool , but not rub. any insight?

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 00, 10:01 AM
Senior Tech
Gene

Stock wheels were 14x7. Z-28s came with 15x7. Are you sure your rear wheels aren't 15x8? There are much more common and are Corvette wheels. I had these on my car and put 265/50/15s on them. The tires rubbed slightly when I pulled into the driveway. 235/60/15 is a good size replacement tire that won't rub.

If you get new wheels, look at Wheel Vintiques. They make repro ralleys in many different sizes. I got chrome rims and painted the centers, that way I didn't have to mess with expensive trim rings. Most people don't even notice the lack of trim rings.

------------------
Hugger Orange & white 69 Camaro with supercharged 350, Tremec TKO, and 3.73 12-bolt
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 00, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Red face

I made a boo boo, while working on the car today I rechecked my sizes, all 4 rims are 14" , but the back ones are not the orig rally's , possibly from a vette, monte carlo, whatever, they have the beuty ring and the center gm cap like the rallys from the camaro's , but the offset is different, it fits nicely.. it has 60 series tires on the back , there old bias ply ones and all the sizes are illegible, backside of tire also.. I am going to order 14x7 3 3/4 offset for the rear and front. and put some new rubber on there. What is a good FAT looking tire that would still be in the range of stock hight as not to whack the speedometer all out.

Thanks!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode