Tires - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 00, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Question

Running 15x7's all the way around my 69 ss Conv. What is the largest MATCHING tire size i can run @ all 4 corners w/o backspacing and w/o rubbin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 00, 08:37 AM

235's are about the limit. I had the same dilema, wanted to go as big as possible, but same size all around so I could rotate them. I went for 245/60 R15's on a 8" Corvette Rallye, and if I really hammer it into a corner, I get a tiny bit of rub somwhere in the wheel well up front. It's nothing that is a problem, but it does touch once in a while. Otherwise my clearance is good all around. When it comes time to replace the tires, I will get the 245's again.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB
http://www.geocities.com/corsican69
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 00, 09:47 AM

If you have wheel well trim, just be prepared to have to straighten out little spots where the tire grabs it once in a great while. If I had my choice again, I would have gotten the 14" x 60 235 all away around. looks alot slicker.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 00, 05:08 PM
Senior Tech

when i posted this ? on here, most said 235's were the biggest you could go with. my car has what came on it when i bought it, which is the 15" rally wheels with flat caps. i'm not sure if these are 7" or 8" wheels (think 7") or what the back space is. on them are b.f. goodrich radial t/a's 235/60r15
front and back. i have just a little scrubbing on the passenger front if i
go lock to lock with a passenger. with just me in the car no scrubbing at all.

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here... pages.prodigy.net/mtbmtb/rf396ss.jpg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 00, 08:09 AM
Senior Tech

most likely the backspacing on stock rally's is 3 3/4 , you can go with 4 1/8 on the 15inch rims and stick with 235 60r15 BFG white raised letters look the best. (and they have a good footprint) I have just ordered new rims myself and was wondering about all this jazz, I was going to go with 235 60r15 on the front and 245 60 r15 on rear, but they dont fit to well. I lined them up and they look too funny, I guess they will fit, but I decided to not chance it, I ended up with 235 60 15's in the rear on a 7" Cragar street star rim. and then 215 60 15's in the front on the same style and size rim,. i hope everything fits rim wise... i have another post in here relating to that same issue...

[This message has been edited by Chris Edwards (edited 03-31-2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode