1979 Camaro.. got 235's on 14X7's in the rear.. Need some meats! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 01, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Hi. i have a "hick supreme" 1979 Camaro turd brown berlinetta.. the car is now making 375hp as I try to stay ahead of the 5.0's in my town.. and believe me. I can lite this thing as 60mph. i keep way ahead. anyways. thats the problem. traction.. I was thinking about buying a set of 14X7 cragers and 15X10's in the rear.. what's a nice size tire? I have air shocks. i'm just worried about the tire sticking out of the wheel well. whats the best size? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 01, 02:52 PM
Senior Tech
John

Sorry, I am not too knowledgeable about tires and wheels that will fit on the second gens, but I just wanted to ask if you had any traction boosting devices? I run South Side Machine Lift Bars and they really give some added traction. I have heard good things about Cal Tracks Bars too. As far as the first Gen, I run 8'' rims in back with 255 rubber and they fit fine. Good luck to you in the war against the 'stangs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 8th, 01, 10:52 PM
Senior Tech

Although I'm not sure, I think the 2nd gen Camaro and Trans Am have same size wheelwells.
I have 295/50 15s on my 79 Trans Am. They're mounted on 15 x 8.5" CenterLines with 4.75" backspacing. This is the absolutely biggest tire I could fit. The tire goes right up to the edge of the car but does not stick out. There is also no extra room on the inside; there's actually a slight rubbing during hard cornering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode