How to fit 295/50/15's on a 67 - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 03, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Ok guys...I need some help. I just picked up a 67 Camaro as a trade for a 70 Chevelle. I fell in love with the idea of putting big meats on the Chevelle...295/50/15's on a 10" wheel. Well from what I read putting that sorta set up on a camaro is next to impossible without a ton of modifications. From what I have heard and read there are those who have pulled it off but with various modifications. The one I have heard the most is something about relocating the shocks to give me some space to fit a tire that size in the wheel well.

I need to help and insight from anyone who has ever run a 295/50/15 on a First Gen Camaro. Rim size, back spacing and any other info necessary to make it fit. More importantly, can you break it down step by step what exactly you did to make the wheels and tires work. My preference is not to mini-tub nor do I want to massage any the sheet metal to make it fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 03, 11:18 AM

Smile

My old L/60-14's mounted on 9" wide with 3.5" b/s Fenton slotted mag's measured at a modern 298/53-14!!! Sure the heck weren't 60-series by any stretch...

I ran coil over-load shocks on it for years so you can mount tires that big if you don't mind the backend raised.

You can run bigger 17's then 14's or 15's b/c they clear the lower shock mount better..

Hope this helps.

pdq67

PS, they and a pair of E/60's made way for my Bullitts and modern radial rubber at 225 and 255/45-17...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode