which wheels--give me some opinions - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 03, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I am about to buy some wheels for my 69 RS/SS. 17x8 with 5"BS front (have disks) and 17x9.5 with 5.5" BS rear(have drums). I have narrowed it down to four.

Centerline Matrix or Dagger

Boyd Coddington Nemesis or Stingray

I have seen the Stingrays on this site. The others I have not seen. I know someone has the Centerline Matrix. The pics on Centerlines website only shows the six spoke for the Matrix. I have not seen any of these wheels in person. I kinda like the Dagger but worry about the curves in it looking funny in person. I also think the Nemesis would look neat but worry about the gaps in the spokes looking odd. I know sometimes seeing the wheel in person makes a difference. I live in a rural area and will mail order any that I get. The prices are about the same for all of them if I order the Centerlines from Summit or Boyds from Newstalgia. If I decide on Boyds I am going to try to get them to get me a better price. Their special this month is the Timeless for $197. Those who have first hand knowledge give me some help on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 03, 09:01 AM

I paid $245 each for my Boyd Stingrays. through www.newstalgiawheels.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 03, 01:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Angry

As soon as my Matrix's come in (supposed to be this week), I'll snap a pic of one and post it here on the forum Stacy.

Gary

1967 RS Coupe (clone): 406 SBC, Thorley headers, Muncie, Hotchkis suspension, Centerline Matrix 17" wheels with Nitto 555's, Baer brakes, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, RS conversion, Vintage Air, PPG Hot Red. (SOLD)

1968 RS Coupe: Project...Mini-tubbed, Cammed LS 6.0, T56, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, Ridetech 4 link...slowly adding more...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 03, 11:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Thumbs down

Doh. Now they are saying November 30th. Had a backorder on the 17x9.5's. I'll post pics when I get them.

Gary

1967 RS Coupe (clone): 406 SBC, Thorley headers, Muncie, Hotchkis suspension, Centerline Matrix 17" wheels with Nitto 555's, Baer brakes, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, RS conversion, Vintage Air, PPG Hot Red. (SOLD)

1968 RS Coupe: Project...Mini-tubbed, Cammed LS 6.0, T56, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, Ridetech 4 link...slowly adding more...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 03, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Has anyone seen the Nemesis by Boyd or the Dagger by Centerline?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 03, 06:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

On the Centerline website, in their gallery...there is a Mustang with the daggers.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 03, 01:21 PM
Senior Tech
Jeff

Send a message via AIM to jg95z28
We're looking at the Nemesis or the Stingray's on my kid's blue coupe. (Personally I'd rather see TT-IIs or ralleys on it, but the kid wants something different.)

'67 RS Coupe - Gold on Gold, 327/210, PG and mostly original
'67 Plain Jane Coupe - Penske Blue, Z/28 stripes, 350HO & Tremec TKO500
'95 Z28 Coupe - Dead stock (seriously)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I had not been to the photo gallery except for the first few cars. Never noticed the "more" button. I saw three with the daggers, I would have thought the spokes would have been smaller. I did see one with the five spoke Matrix. They look nice. MangeMD be sure to send or post some pics when you get yours.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 07:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Angry

The UPS site says they are on the truck for delivery today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode