Wheels came in (Matrix) - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Arrow

Unfortunately BOTH of the 17x8's were damaged, so I have to send them back and wait AGAIN for them to build me a set. Fortunately both of the 17x9.5's look good.

1967 RS Coupe (clone): 406 SBC, Thorley headers, Muncie, Hotchkis suspension, Centerline Matrix 17" wheels with Nitto 555's, Baer brakes, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, RS conversion, Vintage Air, PPG Hot Red. (SOLD)

1968 RS Coupe: Project...Mini-tubbed, Cammed LS 6.0, T56, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, Ridetech 4 link...slowly adding more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 02:39 PM
Senior Tech
dan

Sharp looking rim!! How long does it take Centerline to make there stuff?

68 RS
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Arrow

Well, they told me not to expect the replacements until after Christmas. It took them 4-5 weeks to build these.

Gary

1967 RS Coupe (clone): 406 SBC, Thorley headers, Muncie, Hotchkis suspension, Centerline Matrix 17" wheels with Nitto 555's, Baer brakes, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, RS conversion, Vintage Air, PPG Hot Red. (SOLD)

1968 RS Coupe: Project...Mini-tubbed, Cammed LS 6.0, T56, 12 bolt 3.73 posi, Ridetech 4 link...slowly adding more...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

If you look at the wheel in the pic, at about 2:00, you can see the dent in the lip. The other one had a chunk out of the aluminum lip.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 03, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech

i am looking to buy those rims, how much were they and where did you buy them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 03, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

They were just under a grand for all 4 at Summit.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 03, 02:32 AM
Tech Team

Those are sharp!! It will either be those or Stingrays for me.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 03, 02:33 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

That sucks when something new like that is damaged. What a waste. It's hard enough to decide on wheels and how much you can or want to spend, then to have them show up damaged. Was it UPS's fault?

Jeff H
69 Z28 Hugger Orange original factory JL8 brakes, being restored
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 03, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Nope, the boxes were in good shape. They had been reboxed, with a sticker saying that they had arrived in damaged packaging and 'the wheels were inspected and repackaged'. Right. Probably returned due to the damage and inadvertently got sold again.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 03, 05:16 PM

Look great Mange, to me a company should expedite replacements, a little customer service, especially considering someone in their shop knew they were damaged.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 03, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Arrow

Well, Summit still has to have Centerline build them. They don't stock them.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 03, 08:43 AM

Unhappy

I have recently had about four things that I have bought that were damaged or not quite usuable without some work!!

AND I have come to the conclusion that it is a Marketing thing b/c if the parts can be used but still aren't of top-notch quality AND the unsuspecting, unknowing "quality-wise" customer doesn't throw a fit, then the SELLER has just made out like a Bandit!!

I have a very strong feeling that most guy's will use something in this catagory b/c they, (as well as myself), don't want to be hassled with sending something back b/c if it was ON SALE OR OTHERWISE discounted, your good price just goes out the window UNLESS the SELLER eats the freight by arguing with them!!

BUT you are still out your time AND trouble!!!

pdq67

PS., and if you don't think Sellers don't keep track of us then a little story please!

I recently had a flat tire fixed on the wife's car and a year earlier had them mount and balance a new tire for the wife's car that I got from the Tire Rack and carried in, and they told me about it..

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 03, 09:11 AM
Senior Tech

call Centerline directly- skip Summit altogether. tell them you want your new, undamaged wheels in you hands in 2 weeks TOPS, or they can take all 4 wheels back and compensate you for your time and trouble. even suggest that you will take every oppertunity to tell the world via the internet just how truly crappy their products and customer service truly are. make them eat all the shipping charges, as well. it is, after all, their fault.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 03, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Eh, it doesn't really bother me that much. The shipping was free to begin with, and Summit had UPS at my door the next day to get the damaged goods. My car won't be ready till near summer, and I still have my rallies with new tires that I can use until then.
Thanks for the advice tho.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 03, 04:23 AM
Senior Tech
Tony

One of my custom TT2's arrived with a huge ding in the rim, so I feel your pain there. Great looking wheels BTW!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode