which wheels/tires do I use? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 03, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

most of the restored cars I see have the rally wheels and ours came with (still has) the simulated wire wheel covers-
our goal is to keep it as original as possible and yet, to find some real wire wheels won't be camaro, right? hence the delimna? what would you do for this 68 RS conv. 327/210 power glide, posi, power everything cruiser car?

steve68RS-L2- rag top A/C
Kansas City Camaro Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 03, 05:15 PM

Steve,
We went with 14" Rallyes on our '67 RS/SS convertible, just like nearly everyone else on the planet. The three banged up mag-wheel style covers that we removed kept calling to me from the garage, and I have now found a nearly perfect set from another '67 convertible (stored since 1970!).
They are big and heavy and will not enhance the handling or driveability of our convertible, but they will make our car stand out from the crowd. Now I am looking for some red-line tires..
If your Camaro was originally equipped with the wire wheel covers, you should look for a great set and wear them with pride!
Just my two cents..
-Sam
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 03, 05:34 PM

Smile

Sam,

Try Coker for stock repop redlines!!

I personally wouldn't have it any other way if mine was going back 100 percent stock..

pdq67

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 03, 06:52 PM

PDQ, Thanks for the tip! Those bias-ply tires really aren't that bad to drive on, as long as your suspension is nice and tight! And there are no radials that have the same look as the bias-plys,,,

[img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
-Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode