brands of wheel spacers - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 04, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

I expect to need to do some clearancing when I mock up my C5 13" brakes with my 16" wheels. In my reading, it seems there are two ( at least ) approaches - spacer or grind the caliper.

Any pro's/con's? Recommended spacers?

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 04, 12:39 PM

Which wheels are you going to run again Rick??

The C5 caliper is a lot bigger in the area of consideration to grinding.....and I think it would take way too much out of the caliper strength to grind all that much. As I did with my 16" Vintage/13" PBR, I did a little of both. I use a 3/16" spacer (only needed when the pads are new) and took a little off of the caliper itself (I can send you pics for reference). This mininumized modification to either component.

I myself made the spacer myself on the lathe and some billet stock. That way I could make any offset and trim it at will, and make the fit as tight as possible.

A good pro is that the track width is widened in realation to the rear, which improves handeling, especially in tight turns.

A bad can is that you have to modify the caliper, which means future service parts will have to modified as well to replace ant failed components (but that isnt a biggie).

Let me know.......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 04, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Hi, Tom. I have the same as you - VWW V45's. That's a good idea splitting the differences.

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode