Which wheels for C5 13" rotors - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 04, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Hi all,
I've been lurking around this site for about 2 months now and the amount of valuable info here is unmatched. That being said, I have a 67 that I just finished the C5 brake conversion with the C5 13" rotors. I know the torq thrust II 17" rims will not work but I'm curious as to what wheels you guys are using. According to my measurements the Boyd Coddington stingrays should fit but i want to make sure before I throw down that much money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 04, 11:53 AM

I have mounted on my car 17" x 8" with 5.72" b/s, Mustang Bullitt rims!

Front brakes are 1988, 'Vette, 13" front rotors, my homemade, big single piston caliper bracket and single piston caliper all on two piece disc hubs less disc's and a 7/16" spacer and finally Ford bolt pattern, 1/2" studs!!

Rear is 1989 Camaro, 11.75" rear calipers and again my homemade caliper bracket and 1980 Cad. Seville rear caliper and 7/16" spacer and again, 1/2" studs.

Tires are 225 and 255/45-17's and I wished I woulda went 225 and 275/50-17's IF I could find them??

Brian made the front backets and Doug10 made the rear brackets, (if anybody is interested in them), after I carved out the first set of fronts out of 5/16" thick steel plate by hand the hard way!! Let me know at home.

Bttt, I took the time and made a caliper mount/inner rim fit cardboard template and went around to several of the local stores that sold wheels and took them off the wall displays and used my template to see if any "as sold" rims would fit my homemade brake combination so it may pay you to do the same thing if you haven't already done it.

I think the Baer site has a down-load template to start you out with if you want to search..

Good luck...

pdq67

PS., later, much later I found out that there is a company that is repopping the Bullitt rims and in the Chevy bolt pattern!!!! Go figure.....

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 04, 04:20 PM
Senior Tech

find a style of wheels they sell for C5 vettes, and see if you can get them in an offset that fits your car.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 04, 11:33 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

Vintage Wheel Works 17" V45 should fit with no problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 04, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried a Boyd's 17x8 yesterday and it fit beautifully. I appreciate the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode