69 SS Wheels - YA code - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Question

Has anyone found the correct lug nut for a YA wheel? I tried my original ralley wheel lug nut and the aftermarket ones from Rick's. Where can I get an authentic looking nut and cap that actually fits the wheel?

Thanks!

69 SS 350 Garnet Red/Deluxe Red<br /><a href="mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
">a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Well I have some very sad and disappointing news. After posting the message above, I decided to give these wheels a closer inspection from a different view. It appears I was schmooked on eBay when I bought these wheels 2 years ago, and I'm just now realizing it.

The stampings are correct inside and out of the wheel, so I never considered these restored wheels to be incorrect, just assumed that I couldn't find the correct lug nut.

I also have an original YA (5th wheel spare) unrestored. Comparing the holes on the restored set vs the unrestored, it seems my unscrupulous wheel seller has bored out the holes. I can fit a 12mm socket through the holes in these, and only a 10mm in the unrestored. BUGGER!

So now what? Does anyone have a suggestion? DAMN IM MAD . I just received my new redlines from Diamond Back!

69 SS 350 Garnet Red/Deluxe Red<br /><a href="mailto:
">a
</a>
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 12:11 AM
TDW
Senior Tech
Tony

You can buy a set of lug nuts from www.gmpartsdirect.com that are made specifically for wheels that have had the holes enlarged. I can get you a part number if needed. Seems like they were about 80 bucks for a complete set. I bought a set for my 69 SS Chevelle wheels.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 04, 07:22 AM
Senior Tech

Sorry about your luck Andy.

This is just my opinion on SS wheel lug nuts:

The originals are a stainless cap crimped over a standard lug. These thing love to seperate after being tightened a few times.

If you are not concerned about 100% originallity or competeing at the Super Chevy or Vette Fest level, the parts-store chrome lugs are beefier and hold up longer. The tapper also may be agressive enough to use with your oversized holes. And 99.5% of the show judges will never know.

Good Luck!

Keith
'69 RS/SS Camaro 502/TH400/4.11 Best 12.10 @107mph
'69 Z/28 Clone 383/TH400/3.73 Done! 996 Points out of 1000 at MCACN 2009
'72 Chevelle 540/TH400/4.11 Best [email protected] 137mph - 11/07/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode