Using Fenton Wheels...Dangerous? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 04, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, I can't sell my Fenton Mag's. The sizes are 15x10 with 3'' backspacing, and 14x7 with 4''bs i believe.

I know those rears are gonna poke out a lot, and it doesnt help that i have a rear end from a 71 Camaro.

But since those are the only 15'' wheels I have, maybe i should just slap on a set of 295/50-15's for fun? I can use my current 14'' front tires 225/60-14.

I just want to know if this would be too outrageous and asking for trouble. I really want the retro look. (swapping 4 speed and a solid cam in also) I'm 18 and i wanna live back in the 60's!!!

Thanks!
Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 04, 04:25 PM

Heck, my 14" x 7" and 14"x 9" Fentons Slotted Mag's, (both with 3.5" B/S), are up on my top shelf with mounted E/60's and L/60's!!!

I ran them for a long time, but I ran coil-overs on the rear raised up about 3" to 4" so they would clear my wheel well chrome in the back..

And my L/60's measured a true 298/53-14 so were by no stretch a 60 tire!!!

pdq67

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 04, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I know they will fit but they will just stick out quite a bit and i dont know if its safe or not, 15x10 with 3.5'' bs and the rear is already an inch wider...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 04, 02:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Back when I was your age... that was a popular look... had one myself, camaro #1, with 15 x 10 reversed cragars and L60's.... took 5" fiberglass flares to cover em, they covered the rusted out fenders, too.

Don't think it's dangerous, but she'll hafta be plenty high to clear em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 04, 03:06 PM

Oh, I forgot....

Might be a problem from the Safety Check Inspectors b/c they might stick out so much that they might be considered too prone to throw rocks and you might be sited for not having "mud flaps", and I am not joking....

I think I read that a tire has to be covered "so" much to keep rock throwing to a minimum somewhere???? You might want to check on the "QT"....

pdq67

PS., I think some of the Jeep crowd has had this hassle in the past??????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode