Most popular low profile tire - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

I'd like to hear from all of you on which low profile tire is the most popular and why you choose it...Looking for some information on tire choice.

Dave, 69 Coupe, 383, Q-jet, Thorley headers, 350 turbo, P.S., P.B. console gauges, Tilt wheel, Black with green pearl paint, Black and White Houndstooth interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 03:15 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
I have Nitto 555's on the '69 - For the price I don't think they can be touched for overall ride quality and I like the handling. I have BFG ZR4 CompT/A's (don't think they make them any longer)on the '96 and they seem traction challanged compared to the Nitto 555's. The '96 suspension is stiffer than the 69's and that has to be a factor but the bfg's just feel like harder rubber and seems to want to break loose cornering under power easier than the '69. Oh and that's not saying the '69 corners better than the '96...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 03:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

hmmm.... well mine are for sure not the most popular, never seen em on anything else...

Goodyear Eagle F1, currently top of the line, supposedly the best rain tire on the market today. (I'll never have a chance to prove that)

The tread is a v-groove, at a 45 degree angle, a good 3/8" wide, narrower at the edge and the center of the tire. No other cuts or treads at all. very radical looking and stick like glue. not even close to inexpensive...
http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyea...ea=Performance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 03:54 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Here's a link (I hope) to a place that provides free shipping. This is their pricing for 255/45/17's ...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...55&ar=45&rd=17

You'll have many to look over and they provide great pic's of the tires.

Edit: Jim - I've heard very good reports of the F1's

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 04:13 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Both are great tires. I have the F1's on my 67 and the Nitto 555's on the 70.

The 555's were a lot less money.

I like the tread pattern on the Nitto's better, but being on 2 different cars, I can't really compare handling, but they are both outstanding IMO.

BTW, the F1's are showing wear at 9000 miles, and I've only had the 555's on for a few hundred.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~

Don't mess with Texas!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 04, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Question

Originally I was looking at the Fuzion tire. Does anyone have any comment on these tires. I like the looks of the Nitto brand also, but just want to compare all options.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 04, 06:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Gary

Angry

I have the Nitto 555's. My partner just put the Fuzions on his Evo8. We'll see how they do.

Gary
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 04, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

I'd like to hear from all of you that have 17" tires, what are you running?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 04, 12:11 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

Nitto NT555RII.

275/40/17's all around. They are likely one of, if not the, most poplular tire size on planet earth. Popular sizes make for great tire choices, be it street, drag, autocross, or road coarse.

Here's a pic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode