18 x 10 wheels on 69 Camaro - Need Help!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 04, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Hey guys, I need to know if ARE sells 18 x 10 TTII's with backspacing in 1/4" increments.

I measured my car and it seems that 5.75" will be perfect for the stock wheel well, with a 275-40-18 tire.

If anybody can help me out, please let me know!!

1969 CAMARO RS Pro-Touring, LS1-T56

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 04, 07:42 PM
Senior Tech

Hey Rybar - See Black69's post - my setup has a 6" back spacing on the rear running a BFG 295-50-15 on a 15x10 ralley with 6" rear offset. The shocks had to be moved to the inside of the rear springs and my suspension is extremely stiff, and it sits a bit higher than mosts 69's. The tire you describe will be 26.7" in dia mine is 26.6". It will fit - but you probably have to modify something...can send you a pic - nick

Rat Touring 1969 Camaro X44 496 Richmond Super T10 Plus 4-Speed 3.55 4 wheel disc
..and sporting all new suspension, wheels, etc etc... take a look...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 04, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I called ARE and I can get the wheels in 5.75" BS

Looks like it should fir perfectly in there.

Thanks for your help nick V

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 04, 11:07 AM
Senior Tech
Josh

With 5.75" you will likely have to roll the fender lip unless your car sits high and stiff. General consensus is that First Gens should get 5.5" BS on the rear to fit 275's. With a 10" rim you will likely run into the lower shock mount. 9.5" rims will just clear.

J Early
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 04, 04:53 PM
Senior Tech

Agreed - everyone has a different twist on getting rubber under a 1st gen. Measure once, cut twice - just kidding - With the 6" back spacing, 295\50\15, and 10" rim I can get 1 finger between the tire and leaf spring.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 04, 10:05 AM

Keep in mind that, if you have drums on the rear presently, and plan to go disc on the rear in the future, add 1/4" to your backspacing calculations to accommodate rotor thickness...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 04, 04:38 PM
Senior Tech

For what it's worth - Rich Downing over at www.pro-touring.com under the '69 Camaros ran 18x10 AR TT with 285/35-18s on the back with rear dics and 5.75" backspace and said they "rubbed bad" on the inside in the rear on both sides. He wound up using a 1/4" spacer and concluded - "there is just not enough room back there for a 10" wide wheel". I know there are guys running 10s - but keep in mind all these cars are a little different - measure both sides - ride height empty and loaded matters. Good Luck - Jack

[ 02-19-2005, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: JV69z/28rs ]

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode