225 70R 15 on a '69? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 04, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I have a chance to buy some almost new 225 70R 15 Firestone tires on original Rally Wheels (I am not sure of the backspace.) Will these fit properly on a '69 Camaro or are they too tall. Thanks for any advise.
Mike

69Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 04, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

When I do a search on this tire/wheel subject only a few matches come up. Seems that I checded on this subject just a few weeks ago and had pages of matches. What has happened?

69Mike
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 04, 03:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

** on the search, I think most of us ask about bigger, and those looking for stock are using old style letter codes.

Get them measured... 25" or so is about right. Are they 7 or 8" rims? Ask again when you have the details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 04, 05:14 AM
Senior Tech

Angry

I had those same size wheels on my Camaro when I first got it, and they fit fine, I'll see if I can't find a picture of it before I switched to the SS wheels.........KZ

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 04, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I measured the tires and they appear to be about 27 inches high. The rim width is 8 inches. I believe these tires are too tall for this application. What do you folks think?
Mike

69Mike
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 04, 06:05 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

That's not taller than the 275 / / 17' a lotta guys run. My rears are 25.5, if you look at the pic, there's room for more ht. They're kinda tall n skinny, but I think they'll fit.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 04, 02:35 AM
Senior Tech

Angry

Mine didn't rub front or rear, and that was even BEFORE I replaced the worn out leaf springs, bushings and shocks in the rear. The front was already all new and didn't rub there either, and although they are not the "optimal" size to run on a 1st generation Camaro, trust me, they will fit and not look bad at all! KZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode