Rear Tire Height - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 04, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Hey all! I've got a '69 with new rear suspension that sits kinda high. Right now I have 295/50/15 underneath it and have about 3" from qtr lip to tire. When I purchase new rims, I am considering 16x8" Cragars with BFG T/As. I can get 265/60/16 (28.5 dia), 285/60/16 (29.5) or 275/65/16 (30.1") . I will probably run a 25-26" in front. Which would you recommend? Will a 30" tire look goofy? I am kinda old school and like the jacked up look [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img] . Your opinions appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 04, 10:30 AM
Senior Tech
Bill

If it helps;

That's a 28 out back and 26 up front... with no engine or trans.

I say go for it, I like that look.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 04, 05:24 PM

Smile

Don't even begin to set your ride's height without it being ready to drive!!!

That said, I have ran on my new '67 SS/RS car, 29" to 29.5" dia. Firestone Town & Country Mud & Snow, 9.50/14 tires years ago, (winter of '66/'67 and '67/'68), by using coil-overs set to about 4" lift on my stock 14" x 6" steel dog-dish rims..

I had like a "finger" spacing both front and rear at the wheel well and they threw my speedometer off from 70 to 82mph at the same about 3050/3075 rpm!! (He, He!! Got caught speeding!!)...

I also ran for quite a while years later still using coil-overs, a set of old L/60-14's on 14" x 9" Fenton Slotted Mags!! They measured a modern, 298/53-14 so were by no stretch a 60 series tire!!

I like the FULL wheel well the L/60's gave me but I went modern and now have 225 and 255/45-17's on my car..

And I too am still in the process of setting my rearend's height less my coil-overs that are now taken apart AND on the bench..

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode