Seeking experienced HELP !!!!!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 04, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chuck

David, Lock this or move if you must, but I'm not getting much/any response at Wheel/Tire Forum....
I have the below 69 COPO clone.....

Complete undercarriage including firewall forward has just been redone. New "Original Type" springs were installed, but I cant provide any specifics.
Car is running unknown brand 15" Rallys (and also have 14" Body colored wheels for show??). Tires are BFG TA radials, 215R70x15 Front and 235R70x15 Rear. My friend who is doing all the work, reports that left front tire rubs under hard left turning.....and he personally MIGHT not like the forward rake of car???? Others have mentioned 215R65's in front and something 60 series in back.....DO the readers of THIS forum have any expereince with tire option set up (??) on my car that is suppose to be a Day 2 kinda look.
Can YOU also mention tire BRANDS.......for my "sink hole" .....
Regards to all, Chuck Sharin

Chuck Sharin
Seattle area
69 COPO recreation (Day 2)
70 Z-28
70 L-78
70 SS R/S
73 RS LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 04, 09:35 AM
David Pozzi

I'll leave your post here for a while but eventually move it to Wheel and Tire so it will be in that archive for people searching.

In the future, any similar situation is probably beter handled by just posting a message here with a link to the original wheel and tire thread you need assistance with. That way any helpful replies would stay in the Wheel and Tire archives.

I eventually delete old posts here that are not helpful as an archive post.

Allow some time for your new springs to settle, the ride height and front end alignment will change after a fiew months.

David

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 04, 05:09 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Chuck, I don't recall seeing your post in tires, I'll look for it.

If 215's are rubbing, I'd think you don't have the right backspace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 04, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chuck

Hadnt read or noticed others running 215R70x15 in front and wondering how much difference (shorter) the 215R65x15 would make ????
Chuck

Chuck Sharin
Seattle area
69 COPO recreation (Day 2)
70 Z-28
70 L-78
70 SS R/S
73 RS LT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 04, 06:02 PM
David Pozzi

With steel wheels you could have the backspace changed easily, but the trim rings probablay wouldn't fit anymore.
Another way to move the ft tires in would be to widen the rim on the back side. If you widen the rim by 1" the tire would move in .5" .

Here is a tire size calculator.
http://www.c5-corvette.com/tirecalc.htm

While close, it's best to use the tire manufacturer's catalog for the actual tire you will use.

Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:

67 RS 327 original owner. 1965 Lola T-70
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 13th, 04, 02:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Just measured the old firestones in the basement. These 215-65-15's are 25 3/4" tall

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode