maybe dumb but here goes, aside from the "cool" factor of bigger tires and wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 05, 04:27 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

is the driving enjoyment enhanced in your car? I am going to change my tire and wheels for sure, but am wondering if the car will ride better with a smaller side wall tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 05, 05:15 AM

It will handle better because there is not as much sidewall flex,but you will loose a little on bump absorbtion(is that a word?).The low profile tires are also 2 times the price as a standard 15 inch tire but there's no denying they look good.I prefer old school(welds,ralleys,centerlines,etc)But old camaros look good even on jackstands JMO.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 05, 05:28 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Tires can make the most dramatic improvement in the way a car handles over anything else you can do. My 17" budnik's and 45 series tires actually ride better than 15" steel rally wheels and 60 series rubber. Steel wheels are ridged and don't flex so all the ride quality is left up to the tire. Good aloys are designed knowing there will be less rubber between the wheels rim and the road.

The only down side to low profile rubber is the streets are not always smooth surfaces and pot holes can damage an expensive wheel if you are not careful.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 05, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

georgia 69 how are things in columbia county, centerlines and welds were definately the order of the day when I was growing up in Augusta
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 05, 12:04 PM

WAY TOO COOL you grew up here huh I was raised on the southside and married a girl from evans and got transplanted.I dont know how long its been since you've been here but things are way different.All the cruising up and down 25 is over,no more hardees,and windsor square is a Lowes now.Man that brings back alot of memories,back then there were HOTRODS EVERYWHERE now its tuner cars with a 5" muffler.I have to laugh all the time when some rich punk pulls up beside me in a 4-door honda accord and I'm in my mustang 5.0(daily driver) and they look at me like they really could take me.Not saying there arent some fast tuners,I'm talking about the ones that you know its their moms car,Imean a tag on the front that says SOCCER MOM.And then the girl sitting in the passenger side thinks her man (maybe 17 or 18) is the coolest I just have to laugh,anyway,yes things are very different thanwhat they used to be(early-mid 80's).Where did you go to school?I went to butler graduated in 82.Did you cruise 25? and what car did you have?I had an 82 monte carlo painted dark purple with a 7" snorkle scoop it was slammed and ofcourse had weld wheels (fat and skinny).Its great to hear from someone from here keep in touch

Ron Carter [img]graemlins/hurray.gif[/img]
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ron

I went to Augusta Christian in Martinez

I had a buddy who had a 69 Camaro that we used to cruise, I was one of those who did not have the luxury of having a cruiser, it was family car or nothing for me. I guess that is why I have a 68 vert now. Anyway, I remember Windsor Square vividly, there was a kid named Jimmy Anderson - sweet 69 with a 427. Good times.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 10:52 AM

Oh yea.I know Jimmy well I havent seen him in several years though I guess were all getting old,Jimmy must be close to 47 or 48 now.As far as I know he still has the camaro.He was the king of 25,that camaro was awesome,and tubbed to boot.Do you still have family here?Or do you ever come back to visit?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Yes my parents live at Wheeler road and Walton Way, by 1st Baptist. I usually comeback about once a year during Masters, seems to be the best time to catch all of the crowd at home.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 01:55 PM

That real close to me I live out on Hereford farm rd.If you come in this year look me up would like to meet ya.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I know exactly where that is, I used to ride my bicycle out that way. Sound good I will have to look you up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode