Painting spokes of my TTIIs?? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Guys, I need some opinions.... Although Iím not able to post a pic of my car right now (I can email one if someone can host it for me) but I have a silver 68 Camaro with 17 inch Torque Thrust 2s. When I was building the car I had considered running a set of Bullit wheels with the painted grey spokes but went with polished wheels instead. I am now back considering the idea of painting the wheels that I have! I want to paint the center section (spokes, etc) a dark metallic charcoal grey similar to what I have seen in places such as tuner cars, Teetoís HRE wheels for 50/50, even on Rides with Year Ones Nova.

What do you guys think? Iíve see a pic of a Boyd Smoothie II wheels with painted spokes and thought it looked killer, but Iíve been unable to find it since. Anyone know where this is?

I know it might be hard to give an opinion without a pic, but I need to be convinced that this is not dumb (and I need to assure the wife that it will be cool)

Thanks
Robb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

I just found this thread about Team Camaro backgrounds..... in the second set of pics posted down a ways, my car is in the center of the bottom row (right below logo).

https://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum...c/2/7770.html?

Best that I can do.... Thanks guys
Robb
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 03:27 PM
Senior Tech

You can get TT II's from american with a gray painted center. I think they look absolutely awesome and are at the top of my list of things to get............if I had an unlimited supply of money. I have never seen this setup run on a camaro but think they would look great. If you already have the TT II's it sounds like a great plan to paint the centers, if there is a way to get the paint to stick, I run 15" TT D's with M&H's in the rear and E70x15's up front on one of the cars and really like the look, but these are almost new and can't change to yet another set of wheels and tires as I would want to go to at least a 16" wheel

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 03:31 PM
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 03:59 PM

Rob - I too saw those Boyds on the Discount Tire website - very cool look - I say go for what you like
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 05, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. The pic at Discount Tire is the one that I've been searching for for days!! I have seen the Torque Thrust wheels with painted spokes but it always seemed to be a lighter shade and kinda semi-gloss. The boyds where the best example of the really dark metallic grey similar to what you see on high end beemers and such.

No idea whether I'll do it or not..... I'll let you guys know if I do....

Thanks again
Robb
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 05, 02:11 PM
Senior Tech

I tried to find the wheels you guys are talking about at Discount tire, and couldn't find them. Can you help out with a link? Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 05, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Here's the Boyd wheel:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/find...BAINT&pc=53047

The ARE wheel (Torque Thrust D?) is a better representation of what my wheels would look like, but with a shiny metallic grey like the smoothies.

Guess the biggest question is which looks better on a silver car??

Thanks
Robb
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 05, 05:26 PM

Angry

FWIW, the reason I went with my pony-car "Bullitt's" is b/c I dearly love the dark gray centered "E-T" rims of old!!

My B-I-L got a deal on a pair of E-T, 15" x 10"s, with big off-beat brand tires on them that he ran on the back of his '70-1/2 plain-jane Camaro years ago and he offered to sell them to me but I was in school and was basically broke!! But I never forgot them..

I really wanted "Anthracite" Bullitts but Summit didn't have them when I got my light gray centered set..

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode