17" Wheels or 18"s? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Hi there Everyone! Well I have a bit of a dilema, its time to upggrade to some better wheels. Im considering the Intro Pentia wheels for my '68. The problem is the wheel sizes i cant decide whether to go 17"s all around or 17" front 18" rear? or 18" all around? ive seen camaros with all those setups but i cant decide which is best... any pros or cons? all help is greatly appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img] thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 05, 05:11 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Iggy,
It depends,how are the roads where you live? Any potholes? 18s are real firm. That is A big factor to me. I am going 17x8/17x91/2 TT2s. Brian.

http://community.webshots.com/user/69ssrag

1969 original SS in family since 1971.350/330 crate w/ comp 270 roller cam,2004R,355 12 Bolt posi,P/S P/FTD Brakes P/W P/TOP Orig A/C car but removed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 02:52 AM

There won't be a lot of difference between the two, I'd say choose what you like the best.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 10:09 AM

I am currently waiting on my 18 in Budnik Hammers to be delivered. Picked up my Nitto 555's today. No regrets, with the bigger opening on a 67 in the rear an 18 looks trick. I went 275/40 and 235/40. You could go 17 up front to make it more aggressive but mine is already lowered so I didnt' need to.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 12:03 PM

20's rear 17's front [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 03:13 PM
Senior Tech

DREID I am positive that you will love your Nitto 555's. I have a buddy that has them on his supercharged mustang and they are the hardest gripping street tire around. THey are just as good as any drag radial and you will get more life out of them.

69 Camaro RS, 383ci,10.5-1 AFR 195's ported, Comp 286HR, 4340 forged Crank & Rods, JE Pistons, RPM Airgap, Holley 750 HP carb, 350 turbo w/ shift kit, 3000 Coan, Be cool, caltracs,12bolt 355 eaton posi..Best E.T. 12.22 @ 112

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Both are nice,It is your personal taste. Either way the overal diamiter of the rim and tire will remain about the same.The difference is an inch. If the inch is in the rim, the car will handle A bit quicker. If the inch is in the sidewall of the tire the car will ride a bit smoother. That is why I asked you how are your roads. Either way the car will be smokin.Good luck. Brian

http://community.webshots.com/user/69ssrag

1969 original SS in family since 1971.350/330 crate w/ comp 270 roller cam,2004R,355 12 Bolt posi,P/S P/FTD Brakes P/W P/TOP Orig A/C car but removed.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 05, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Hey Guys! Thanks alot for the feedback...greatly appreciated. BRIAN the roads arent bad, there are few potholes. I think im goin with the 17" front and 18" rear, it should give it the aggressive look that DREID was talking about. I plan on lowering it but i want to get the wheels first. Well thanks again [img]smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 05, 08:19 AM
Senior Tech

Iggy food for thought, lower it first to get a feel for the stance and then get your wheels, make affect your ultimate decision
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 05, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Phoneixdawg, thats a good suggestion had not tought of it that way. That is a very good idea, i wasnt sure if i should lower it first cuz im not sure how much? i will have to do a lil research on that. Thanks for the suggestion. IGGY
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 05, 05:37 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

Good idea because your offset or backspacing may change. You are lucky on the smooth roads. Enjoy and post pictures. Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode