Vintage Wheel works - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 05, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

2 weeks ago I ordered my front wheels, 17x8 V40 wheels from Vintage Wheel Works. They were on sale because they were blems for $200.00. Since receiving them I have looked CAREFULLY to find the flaw- I can't. They are awesome!!! I have now ordered my rear wheels , again V40. The sales rep. Rusty was great to work with being knowlegable, friendly, courteous. I look forward to receiving my rear wheels. Can't say enough about their service so far. Just thought you might want to know. We hear so much when something goes bad. It is nice to hear ssomething positive. Cheers!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 05, 02:36 AM
Senior Tech
Jeff

I bought the same wheels for my 68. The only thing that I could find that I would call blems were the gray spokes were a little splotchy with the paint and one of the wheels had a couple of scuffs on it. I didn't care since the car was a driver. Did you get the 16x8 wheels? I ran them with 245/50 up front and 255/50 in the rear. The car handled awesome with modern tires.

Jeff H
69 Z28 Hugger Orange original factory JL8 brakes, being restored
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 05, 02:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Their service is indeed awesome. I bought 16" V45's and one had a very slight scratch. They offered to send me 4 more and I could pick the one I wanted to keep. I had them send one and they also gave me an extra cap and set of lugnuts. I'll go back.

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 05, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Jeff- I bought the 17x 8 all around. I was really considering the 17x9.5 w/ 5.5 bs which seems to be a real popular size but I was nervous about any rubbing. I figured I could be more comforable with the 17x 8 and not have to worry when my triplets come along with me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 05, 07:26 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

Rusty has also treated me very well. I'm on my second set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 05, 12:13 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Those look good Carl, what are the sizes and back spacing? What do you have for springs front and rear?

I think that's the look I will be after.

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 05, 03:21 PM
Senior Tech

Talking

I also had great service. Rusty was very helpful. I went with the 17x8 and 17x9.5 v45's. Cant wait to finish my car and drive it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 05, 03:21 AM

Carl

What sizes are those? Art the wheels on your Picture Page the first set, which I'm assuming are a different size?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 05, 08:50 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

275/40/17's on 17 x 9.5 x 5.5" bs. all four corners.

Front springs are Landrum 700 #/in, rear are Guldstrand Slalom.

All the suspension info is on my website. The lead picture on my website has the old 16" VWW with 245f/255r 50 series tires.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 05, 08:16 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
275/40/17's on 17 x 9.5 x 5.5" bs. all four corners.
Any rubbing front or rear?
Can you carry passengers without rubbing?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 05, 05:10 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

Minor rubbing on rear inner fenderwell when going up a steep driveway sideways. The fronts are fine but the steering radius is a bit less than stock. There's more info on my website.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 05, 08:08 AM

Carl love that stance. Question regarding the tires. Was the limiting factor in the front the actual arm or just the adjustability of the bumpstop on the new arm. I actually modified my lower arms and made an adjustable stop on them. Just curious before I order wheels. Just like everyone else going through that rim fitment problems. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode