please help me with backspacing questions!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 05, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

Hi, I am about to buy a set of Weld Draglites For my 1995 Camaro Z28.... I am planning on going with 15x5 in the front with p195/65/R15, and 15x8 Rear with 275/60/r15... now, what size backspacing on the rear should I run to set the tires and wheels under it nicely??? I don't want the tire rubbing on the quarter panel if I hit a speed bump or something... and also, if it comes down to it, what backspacing should I run in the front??? I want about the same look as the rear, (Both set out evenly)...

I would really appreaciate it if anyone could help me on this...

Thanks!!!
Steve...

HONDA?MAZDA?MITSUBITCHY?110hp? WITH NOS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 05, 06:55 PM

I dont know if you can gat a 275 under a 95.My welds are 8 inch with a 4 1/2 bs on a 69.Check out the webshots.I had a 86 with the same size wheel and the biggest tire I could run was a 255,not sure on a 95 though
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 05, 03:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

this might be a good quesytion for the guys at thirdgen.org. we got old cars on the brain here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 05, 04:20 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Jim '95 is a 4th gen car ...

Steve I can only share with you my experience with my '96 SS with 17" wheels. Tire size on all 4 corners is 275/40/17 and the wheels are 17x9, with 7" back spacing. An 8" wide wheel is going to need 6" backspacing to keep the tire inside the wheel well. Then you are going to have at least an inch of extra room on the inside that could be used. As for skinnies on the front a 5" wide wheel would need 3" of back spacing to place the tire in the same proximity as the rear tires with relation to the fender lip.

I believe your car has 16" wheels from the factory. I don't know if 15" wheels will fit and clear the brakes.

Here are a couple sites with '93 - '97 4th gen areas in their forums...

http://www.z28.com/
http://lt1tech.com/

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 05, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

very cool... thanks everyone for your help... yes, 15's will fit even with the brakes... I had a set on a '94 that I just sold... but the wheels on the 94 were just crappy 15x8" chrome sawblade wheels... nothing fancy.... I don't even know what the backspacing was on those.. lol... just bought them because they were cheap... I am kinda debating between 17" Z06 Wheels, or the welds... i'm kinda undecided right now...

but again... thanks for your help!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 05, 03:14 PM

JMO but I like the later model wheels on the later model cars.I have seen welds on 4th gen cars and to me they dont look as good as a 17 or 18 inch wheel,like I said JMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode