wide front wheels - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 16, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Matt

wide front wheels

I got a couple question that I am more or less just curious about and hoping you guys could help.

what is needed to fit a 9.5" wheel with a 275 tire on the front of a 1st gen?

I was reading about ridetech tru-turn that claims it can fit up to a 10" wide wheel but requires their spindle.

So when I get a car I am thinking now about just doing the c5 brakes front and rear. But kore3 bracket requires you use a front drum spindle that is not compatible with the ridetech tru-turn. I believe the ridetech spindle accepts stock front disc setup.

The question is can you do c5 brakes with a disc spindle? And I guess other that the tru-turn setup you would have to go with a custom sub-frame.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, I tried to search but didn't come up with a lot of helpful info.

Thanks

Currenty dreaming....currently busting butt getting ready to fulfill that dream.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 16, 05:27 AM
Team Member
Don

Re: wide front wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01m6ta View Post
I got a couple question that I am more or less just curious about and hoping you guys could help.

what is needed to fit a 9.5" wheel with a 275 tire on the front of a 1st gen?

I was reading about ridetech tru-turn that claims it can fit up to a 10" wide wheel but requires their spindle.

So when I get a car I am thinking now about just doing the c5 brakes front and rear. But kore3 bracket requires you use a front drum spindle that is not compatible with the ridetech tru-turn. I believe the ridetech spindle accepts stock front disc setup.

The question is can you do c5 brakes with a disc spindle? And I guess other that the tru-turn setup you would have to go with a custom sub-frame.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, I tried to search but didn't come up with a lot of helpful info.

Thanks
Ridetech spindles are affordable. I have a Tru-turn setup with their spindles and Kore3 hubs and brackets.

Don
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 16, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Matt

ok cool so you can use kore3 brackets with the ridetech spindles.

what size wheels and tires are you running up front?

thanks

Currenty dreaming....currently busting butt getting ready to fulfill that dream.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 16, 06:10 AM
Team Member
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01m6ta View Post
ok cool so you can use kore3 brackets with the ridetech spindles.

what size wheels and tires are you running up front?

thanks
It is a project in process. You can run up to 10 inch if you can tolerate a little rubbing but 9.5 is safer. At least that is what I have found in my research. I'm not too concerned about running a wide tire up front for this project. It's a 69 vert that I am building for my wife so no minitubs (hassle with a convertible) and no need for 10 inch wheels up front since the rears will be 9.5 or 10 inch. I went with the Tru-Turn for the steering geometry improvements.

My other project is a 69 for me and it has an AME subframe. I am running a 295 tire on a 10 inch wheel with the help of some Anvil fenders and inner fenders to go with the 345 tires on a 12 inch wheels on the matching AME IRS.

Don
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 16, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Matt

gotcha, yeah I was thinking of it just to have a square setup, 9.5" with 275's on all four corners. not really a fan of staggered look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode