Cragar - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Cragar

I was kinda stuck on wanting Cragars on my 67 because that's what I ran in the day. Summit and Jegs both let me know that the big 17's weren't available. I sent the question to Cragar. The response I got back said the line they were in was no longer available but what got my attention was that the email came from a place named Carlstar and there is no mention of Cragar on their website even though they are a wheel company. Oh well.......

67RSSS......owned since 69. A basket case for most of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 08:05 PM
Senior Tech
Bill

Garage
Re: Cragar

I've never heard of Carlstar.

Try Summit Racing. I did a quick search on "Cragar SS 17" and came up with this:

Search Results for cragar ss 17 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 08:59 PM
Apprentice
Rock

try link bought my cragar's there last year - no problem http://[URL="http://www.performanceplustire.com/"]www.performanceplustire.com/ [/URL]

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 05:29 AM
Banned
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by arocars View Post
I've never heard of Carlstar.
Carlstar owns Cragar, when it took place who knows. Here's a link to the company..........

The Carlstar Group | Carlisle Tires & Wheels, Cragar Wheels, ITP Tire & Wheel, Marastar Flat Free Tires

Order the 2015 Cragar Calendar

The 2015 Cragar Calendar Contest was a tremendous success! The photos submitted by hot rod enthusiasts capture the passion of Cragar fans everywhere.

Calendars may be purchased from Summit Racing.

Call 800-230-3030 and ask for Part #CRR-CGR-P1401

For additional information about Cragar and the yearlong celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Cragar S/S wheel, join us at cragarwheel.com, Facebook, or Twitter.

Nothing screams style like a set of Cragar wheels.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 05:30 AM
Banned
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d cad View Post
I was kinda stuck on wanting Cragars on my 67 because that's what I ran in the day. Summit and Jegs both let me know that the big 17's weren't available. I sent the question to Cragar. The response I got back said the line they were in was no longer available but what got my attention was that the email came from a place named Carlstar and there is no mention of Cragar on their website even though they are a wheel company. Oh well.......

Cragar Wheels

From the bottom of the Cragar website page.

2016 The Carlstar Group LLC
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Yeah. I didn't notice the tag at the bottom. They discontinued the 612 series due to poor sales according to an email they sent me today.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 16, 08:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d cad View Post
Hi Steve
Bought my Cragars from Summit.
I ordered the Wrong Size for my Front Wheels (My Bad), they took them back and sent my the right size - great Customer Service !

I thought a Little "Eye Candy" for the Cragar Fans
Timmy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1969 Camaro Downtown Bridgeport Cruise 10 11 2015.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	146953  

1969 SS/RS Coupe 427BB 700R4 12 Bolt 4:11 A/C, High School Resto Mod

November 1968 Build Date
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 16, 02:52 PM
Senior Tech
mike

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 1st, 16, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Maybe I should explain my dilemma a little. I am restomoding my 67. I have a look in mind that I would like to achieve with wheels. 1- chrome. I am putting all the bright work back on the car and in my mind polished wheels make the car look like it has 2 tone brightwork. 2 - style. There is a difference in the way a cragar spoke meets the wheel barrel relative to, for example, a tt2. Didn't used to be that way in the late 60's but is now. I prefer the way cragar executed the design. 3 - size. Something that caught me by surprise is the change in tire size availability. The car had L60's on it. I still have them. They are over 27" in diameter. I think they look more "right" than much of what's available today. I am not interested in running 15" wheels. I believe I will wind up with 17" up front and 18" on the back. That leaves out Cragar and tt's. I had been swapping email with Cragar, Jegs, and Summit, about finding what I was looking for when I received one from cragar that had me questioning if they were staying in business but was clarified to mean the were discontinuing a model. Now I am looking into getting chrome Billet Specialties "mag's". Is tough working only from pictures for some of this. I was at a FE meet yesterday and got to see TT's from across the last half century and have ruled them out. All subjective stuff and I will have to compromise somewhere no doubt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode