XXR wheels. What size spacers? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 17, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ray

XXR wheels. What size spacers?

I sold my ridler wheels which I shouldn't have. I am looking to purchase a set of XXR 521 wheels. I am looking to get XXR to help sell my car. I am confused to what spacer size to get. any help would be greatly appreciated.
My last wheels
front wheels :18X8 front with 4.5 BS 225/40/18
Rear wheels: 18X9.5 Rear with 5.5 BS: 255/45/18

I am looking at these:

XXR-521 18X8.5/10 5x114.3/120 ET25/25 Black Machined Lip wheels fit Toyota Supra | eBay

18x8.5 / 18x10 offset is 25/25

or these

18x8.5 XXR 521 5x100/5x114.3 35 Flat Black Wheel New set(4) | eBay

18x8.5 all 4 with +35mm offset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 17, 05:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Re: XXR wheels. What size spacers?

Why not go back with Ridlers again? You know they fit. Don't want to try to sell a car with new wheels that may rub if you don't get the correct spacers, assuming you need spacers in the first place and if you are changing wheels I'd get some for which you don't need spacers as some buyers may not like spacers. Unless it's up on blocks, why not sell it with the wheels it has on it now and negotiate a price with a wheel cost adjustment if the buyer doesn't like the wheels on it now? Who knows, you may find a buyer who wants an old school look or something else and won't want the new wheels you are considering. Just a thought...

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, Tremec Magnum, 4.10, Procar Elite Seats,
Custom Upholstery, Dynatech headers, 17" VWW V45's, 235/45, 275/40, C5 Front Brakes
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 17, 05:38 AM
Team Member
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude87 View Post
I sold my ridler wheels which I shouldn't have. I am looking to purchase a set of XXR 521 wheels. I am looking to get XXR to help sell my car. I am confused to what spacer size to get. any help would be greatly appreciated.
My last wheels
front wheels :18X8 front with 4.5 BS 225/40/18
Rear wheels: 18X9.5 Rear with 5.5 BS: 255/45/18

I am looking at these:

XXR-521 18X8.5/10 5x114.3/120 ET25/25 Black Machined Lip wheels fit Toyota Supra | eBay

18x8.5 / 18x10 offset is 25/25

or these

18x8.5 XXR 521 5x100/5x114.3 35 Flat Black Wheel New set(4) | eBay

18x8.5 all 4 with +35mm offset.
Those wheels will not fit, they are the wrong bolt center.... Should be 5x4.75"

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 17, 08:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

I agree with Chris and Don, but if you are going to use spacers, you can use billet wheel adapters instead. They space the wheel out and change the bolt pattern from what you have (5x4.75) to what you want (5x120 or 5x114.3).

Assuming your rear end is stock width and your front brakes don't push the hubs further out than stock, you ideally want a +6mm offset. To achieve that, take the offset of the wheel you want to buy and subtract the offset you need. i.e. if you want +25mm offset wheels, subtract 6 and you need a 19mm spacer/adapter. If you want a +35mm wheel, you'll need a 29mm spacer/adapter. I think the smallest wheel adapter I've seen is 1", which is 25.4mm.

So I'd probably lean towards a +35 offset wheel, and run a 30mm adapter if you can find one. You can have them custom made, but quality wheel adapters are expensive, and the prospective buyer may not trust wheel spacers/adapters since they have gotten bad press in the past. It may just be cheaper to go back to the Ridlers that you already had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 05:27 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

If the car is mostly original, get some original Rallys and some used tires if you are going to sell it. At the Carolina Club first gen Camaros at Charlotte Autofare the majority of the cars had Rallys, 2 pro street had the 17" Rallys! I bought some for a car on craiglist and some very good used firestone tires. $150 for the wheels and $80 for the tires. Just a thought.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 17, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ray

You guy bring up good points. I decided on US mag U111 or Ridler 650. 18x8 front and 18x8 in the rear. Only thing I was thinking is the 18x8 rears for both are 4.5 ".. I would just use a little spacer to put it right where I need it. I have ARP studs in the rear as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode