18" Rally Look a Like on steroids - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
ANTHONY

18" Rally Look a Like on steroids

I've searched high and low for the wheels and stance of my dreams. Well, I finally found it. Can someone please help me with the brand of this wheel? I think I found it, but I want to be sure.

Anthony
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 11:26 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Re: 18" Rally Look a Like on steroids

It sounds to me that what you are describing is a custom billet wheel (runs a little over a thousand dollars a piece). I have seen them in seventeen inch as cast aluminum wheels fully polished needing only a custom center cap (at about a quarter of the price of custom billet wheels).

Year One Wheels CRWT179SLV: Cast Aluminum Corvette Rally Wheel 17" x 9" with 5" Backspacing | JEGS

Big Dave
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 12:16 PM
John

Garage

Wheel Vintiques

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 02:23 PM
Team Member
Rich

The ones from Circle Racing wheels are much larger and billet, I have seen them on several Camaro's and they are very nice. Circle Racing Wheels

1967 SS350, Under construction.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
ANTHONY

Hello...this site is driven me bannanas...I know which wheel I want but I cant seem to post the photo. I've dragged and dropped it about 20 times. It shows up then disappears....HELP

Anthony
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
ANTHONY

dd

Anthony
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 05:42 PM
Team Member
Rich

you could post the picture on another site like photobucket.com and then link it here

1967 SS350, Under construction.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 05:45 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

These are American Racing Rallye's
18 x 11s and 18x8s
All Aluminum & a bit pricey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02072.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	185401  
H20cooled likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 17, 08:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

You talking about these?

H20cooled likes this.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 02:56 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Exclamation Re: 18" Rally Look a Like on steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
Hello...this site is driven me bannanas...I know which wheel I want but I cant seem to post the photo. I've dragged and dropped it about 20 times. It shows up then disappears....HELP
Tony as non supporting member you only have enough photo storage space for one or two photos designed to be used with your profile, but it can be used anywhere on the site. You can check your storage quota in your control panel.

So you have two options, become a supporting member of the community with a paid membership level - premium (19.95 a year USD) or Gold life-time (one time pay 59.95 USD) membership and help support the community here. or your other option is to host your photos off-shore and use image tags in your postings to this off-shore photo store. Lots of folks do this which is why the majority of threads in the archive are useless now because they have photos links that are dead. Just my two cents worth and no the moderators do not get a commission for signing up paying members.

The other reason why this may be happening is that the photo you are trying to drag and drop is either not publicly available, or is too large in physical file size or has other security issues such as embedded tracking or other spyware. To trouble shoot I would need to know what is the location of the photo you are trying to drop and drag, what is its size and it's type (jpeg, giff, etc) but more than likely you have no storage space left or it is over the site upload size limit.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 06:49 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Broken links with Photobucket are due to the user moving the photo at Photobucket or out right deleting the image. I discovered this when I had to reorganize my photos into folders in order to find an image (I have well over two thousand images and hate going from top to bottom scanning every image page after page in order to find what I want).

If you could edit your own posts after twelve minutes (which is what motivated me to become a Mod with Team Impala, and Team Nova) I could have fixed those broken links to point to the new folder that I sorted the images into when I reorganized my Photobucket account a few years back. I imagine the rest of the broken links on this site are also due to the lack of ability to edit the links.

The size of your account is limited as the images are stored on this sites servers, which are very finite. When I first joined the Team everything was being run out of a retired engineers bedroom on his private computer and he was paying twelve hundred bucks a month to rent a T-1 phone line and using a dedicated thirty two bit modem to access the net. The traffic at the team sites eventually exceeded his capacity so he sold the Team to a commercial host which introduced pay to play.

An off site image and video hosting site offers you a lot more room to store your images; but that is also limited when you join for free. I eventually ran out of free room and now pay six bucks a month for more storage area. I am very glad every one posts movies and selfies now as my allocated storage space grew exponentially when that happened.

Big Dave
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 06:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20cooled View Post
The ones from Circle Racing wheels are much larger and billet, I have seen them on several Camaro's and they are very nice. Circle Racing Wheels
I bought Circle Racing wheels for may car. Mine are different model than the ones you are looking for. They are a two piece design. The outer hoop is spun aluminum and the center section is billet aluminum. The two pieces are welded together. You can have any backspace you want. There are sizes (widths and heights) available that are not listed on the website.

I really like mine. They are strong and well made. The aluminum is polished perfectly. There are no minor waves in the polished metal. I ordered directly from Circle Racing since I wanted a custom size that was not available from their dealers.
H20cooled likes this.

Patrick
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 01:02 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Thanks Dave for the insight to the World of Al on the history of the site.

As to editing old threads, any member can request any moderator to change links to their new or rearranged photo site in any particular thread, not may do but some care enough to keep the historical postings alive with content.

Brian
MAXIMUS likes this.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
ANTHONY

i think that is very close but I can't see the center cap. They are beautiful. I think I found the correct wheel. It is an American Racing model VN327 Rally.

can someone please confirm what wheel this is?

Anthony
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 17, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
ANTHONY

is that a 2 peice alluminum? What brand are they? Niiiice

Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode