US MAGS U500 Wheel....anyone fitted these? Photo's? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 17, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Shanan

US MAGS U500 Wheel....anyone fitted these? Photo's?

I was all set to pull the trigger on some Circle Racing Billet Rallye wheels when I stupidly sat in front of the PC hugging a bottle of red wine to do some surfing.

A few hours later and now I have really confused myself! Serves me right.

I have always had a soft spot for the old skool Torq Thrust wheels, but always wanted a more modern twist to them.
Now I have found two manufacturers who look pretty good and can do the sizing I am after and custom backspaces.

ET Wheels Classic V:
ET Wheels by Team III Wheels V
@ approx $450 per 18" wheel

And the one's I like even more:
http://us-mags.com/standard-u500-w-5495.htm
@ approx $740 per 18" wheel (ouch)

I have emailed US Mags to ask a couple of questions as I am a little confused.

Their website says the U500 is available in SOFT LIP or TRADITIONAL LIP. I am assuming traditional is basically a stepped lip, but I cannot seem to confirm that for sure. Cannot find any pictures which might help confirm that and they are not exactly responsive to my emails requesting info.

It is a long shot, BUT is anyone using these US Mags U500 wheels on a Gen1 camaro? I would be grateful for a photo.

Can anyone also post a picture if they have a US Mag setup with "traditional lip"?

Would also love it if anyone using 18" Classic V's could post em up. I ran forum search, but did not find anything specific.

Thanks for your time!

Shan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 17, 08:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mickey

Re: US MAGS U500 Wheel....anyone fitted these? Photo's?

That's a tough choice there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 17, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Shanan

Haha. Tell me about it.

I am leaning towards the US Mags U500, but the price is scaring me. Wife will hit the roof it I dump $2800 on wheels.

I definitely can't justify that unless I see some pictures of the U500 with traditional lip. Ideally love to see them on a Gen1 Camaro, but might be asking a little much.

Had one tyre shop say they should look similar to attached.....which helps a little. Would definitely like to see more images if possible though.

Any assistance appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	US MAGS TRADITIONAL LIP.gif
Views:	22
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	190738  

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 17, 04:38 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Have checked with Discount Wheel. There are many look a likes and it seems like everyother Camaro has this style. 18" is not necessarily Old School. I went through this a few months ago and decided I wanted a wheel that was a bit different. . . . went with Foose Knuckles and put a red stripe around the rim on all the same size 17 x 8 all around. Very positive comments at the Charlotte Auto Fair as well as our Classic Camaro of the Carolinas club. Have fun with your hunt.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 17, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Shanan

Yeah - I do appreciate 18" is not exactly old skool in size. Won't argue with you.

Camaros seem to attract a LOT of different wheel styles if you ask me, but I do hear where you are coming from re. the 5 spoke type of look.

For me (just my opinion) I do the the 5 spoke look as I think it carries back to the torq thrust days (and also dragway mags here in australia).

Foose knuckles look nice - hope you are happy with your choice.

Sent multiple emails to US mags asking for visual collateral on a U500 with traditional lip. Not ONE response. Can't say I am surprised....

Some look-a-like wheels appear similar, but I do think subtle differences can make a wheel look VERY different. I am picky though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode