Temporary Wheels for 68 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 17, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Jason

Temporary Wheels for 68 Camaro

I'll soon be in the process of swapping out the suspension on my camaro and running bigger brakes. I'm currently running a 15 Torque Thrust wheel but I'll need a larger wheel to clear brakes. What I'm seeking from you guys a temporary wheel recommendation that will fit inside the wheel well (front and back) when lowered until I can get custom wheels at a later date when my budget allows. will 4th get wheels work for my needs or corvette wheels from some year? Looking for a 17" or larger. The car will also get mini tubs with a stock length rear for the temporary period.

Looking for a cheap solution too. I do not want to buy new wheels. I'd be searching for something I could get used with tires for next to nothing. Got to save for the nice forged wheels later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 06:28 AM
Senior Tech
mike

Re: Temporary Wheels for 68 Camaro

Is the car going to sit after the suspension change? If so just leave it on jack stands and save your money for what you want. Sorry I don't know what to tell you about the wheels.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 06:47 AM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

You might want to try looking for some older 17" BMW rims/tires, they have a decent offset that might work. Thing is Camaro spacing is 5x120.65mm(5x4.75") and the BMW are 5x120mm so for a roller they're probably are ok. Actually some guys run the BMW rims on their PT cars cause of the cost.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 07:23 AM
Senior Tech
Simon

Garage

Above post should read bolt pattern
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 17, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Jason

I'll probably drive it a bit so jack stands are out. Nobody has experience with 4th gen wheels?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 17, 08:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

Cheapest approach might be to see if you can find some used 17" wheels, short of that, Wheel Vintique sells plain jain wheels. What I'd do is grab a set of used 17" anythings on eBay or CL that fit maybe even with tires and sell them when your done with them. I just sold a set of Vision Chrome 17" X 8" wheels on CL 2 months ago for $300.

One wheel had a 2" minor curb rash and they were all 8" same BS. I had three guys backed up ready to buy if the first guy didn't show with the cash. This is the kind of deal you should be looking for. Even buy the tires you want and mount them, then transfer when you get the desired wheels. They are now on some guy's Monte Carlo and he loved the deal.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode