67 rs/ss - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

67 rs/ss

Does anyone know what the stock size rally wheel was for a 67 re/ss?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

I’m new to this site and still trying to figure out how it works and how to post messages. But with that said does anyone know what the stock size rally wheel was for a 67 rs/ss also what back spacing, I’m currently upgrading my front brakes to disc all help would be appreciated. Thanks John D.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

67rs/ss

Does anyone know what the stock size rally wheel was for a 1967 rs/ss and center caps along with wheel back spacing, I’m currently upgrading my front brakes to disc. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks I’m new to the site as of today. John D

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 12:56 PM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

Re: 67 rs/ss

Stock Steel Rims with Hubcaps would be common even on a RS/SS. I have pics for a 1 owner original paint rs/ss convertible with stock steel 14 inch wheels.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 02:02 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D View Post
Iím new to this site and still trying to figure out how it works and how to post messages. But with that said does anyone know what the stock size rally wheel was for a 67 rs/ss also what back spacing, Iím currently upgrading my front brakes to disc all help would be appreciated. Thanks John D.
Wheel sizes here: Camaro Chassis - Suspension, Axle, Brakes, & Wheels Are you using a stock 67 disc system?

Call for restoration and custom paint scheduling:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 02:06 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

The (solid) steel 14 inch wheel was rare as those who ordered disc brakes also ordered the rally wheels (95% of cars are ordered not by customers but by the sales manager who bought cars on spec hoping to sell them before the floor plan came due). As such he always ordered things that were popular nor solid steel wheels. This make Camaro 14 inch solid steel wheel to clear a disc brake as rare as COPO 427 car.

Most rally wheels clear 1969 full floating single piston disc brakes. The 1967-'68 Camaro with four piston (Girling style) fixed bridge calipers had 15 inch wheels.

Big Dave
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 02:11 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larger Dave View Post
The (solid) steel 14 inch wheel was rare as those who ordered disc brakes also ordered the rally wheels (95% of cars are ordered not by customers but by the sales manager who bought cars on spec hoping to sell them before the floor plan came due). As such he always ordered things that were popular nor solid steel wheels. This make Camaro 14 inch solid steel wheel to clear a disc brake as rare as COPO 427 car.

Most rally wheels clear 1969 full floating single piston disc brakes. The 1967-'68 Camaro with four piston (Girling style) fixed bridge calipers had 15 inch wheels.

Big Dave
Wrong. Read the link I posted.

Call for restoration and custom paint scheduling:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 02:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael

My two 67's w/4 piston disc calipers have the 14" DG rims.

Mike

67 LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 18, 10:35 PM
Senior Tech
Russ

I measured an unmounted 14x6 DG rally wheel from a 67 RS/SS with original factory disc brakes, and the backspacing appears to be 4-1/2 inches, with the total rim width at 7 inches. As Scott asked earlier, are you going with the factory 4-piston caliper disc brake setup, or something else?

Last edited by Petes L48; Sep 18th, 18 at 10:47 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 18, 04:19 PM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Re: 67rs/ss

Are you going with OEM or other brakes? Came with 14x6 rally with short cap. Go to CRG for all the details on first gen Camaros.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 18, 04:31 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

Re: 67rs/ss

You asked this SAME QUESTION a few days ago! Please don't start a new thread on the same subject.

Ed

Ed B. (but you can call me Bert!)
CRG -
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 18, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks guys for all your input on the rally’s,springs, I bought the 4 piston frt disc conversion kit pt # 1000c from heartbeat city Camaros and Moog 6312 springs, Gabriel Ultra front shocks, 14x6 4” backspace vintiques rally wheels steel for frt. I can only hope I chose correctly.John D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode