15 inch rally wheel trim rings - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Christopher

15 inch rally wheel trim rings

I need to replace my wheel trim rings, was hoping someone can recommend a good place that they have ordered from. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5771.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	229075  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 19, 05:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

Don't know where to get them, but the OER rings are not good. They move around on the wheel.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Christopher

Re: 15 inch rally wheel trim rings

Thanks, I will stay away from those.

Was hoping to hear some positive feedback from yearone.com, heartbeatcitycamaro.com or classicindustries.com

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 09:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

I have been looking bat the heartbeat city ones myself. Have not pulled the trigger though.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 09:15 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Wheel Vintiques is probably your best bet for aftermarket. Stay away from the 360* tooth style
as they tear up the wheels pretty badly and many have had problems with the fit. Wheel Vintiques
does a pretty job stating what wheels their rings fit.
Here's one supplier. These have prongs. Not teeth. If you have aftermarket wheels these may not work.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-3001-15-1
And Wheel Vintiques website.
https://www.wheelvintiques.com/catal...ult/?q=3001-15

Al

my 67' build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-77 keith View Post
I have been looking bat the heartbeat city ones myself. Have not pulled the trigger though.
Which ones in particular? I know there's a few different options.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanjs View Post
Wheel Vintiques is probably your best bet for aftermarket. Stay away from the 360* tooth style
as they tear up the wheels pretty badly and many have had problems with the fit. Wheel Vintiques
does a pretty job stating what wheels their rings fit.
Here's one supplier. These have prongs. Not teeth. If you have aftermarket wheels these may not work.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wvi-3001-15-1
And Wheel Vintiques website.
https://www.wheelvintiques.com/catal...ult/?q=3001-15
Awesome, thanks. I'll look into it.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 05:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

The OER ones I got were 15/7 factory flat bead. They have the ring with the clips all around. I don't care about them tearing up the paint on the wheels. After all they cover up the scratches. They just don't stay put . They will move as you drive. That pushes them against the valve stem.

X-77 keith
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 19, 07:23 PM
Team Member
Randy

I bought some 15x8 corvette trim rings for my truck from corvette central that I really like. I might by some of these 15x7 ones for my car ralleys. https://www.corvettecentral.com/67-6...s%26count%3d27

My 69 Camaro build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 19, 02:22 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith

The ones in your link look exactly like the OER rings I bought. The mounting tabs don't hold tight against the wheel. Causing them to walk on the wheel at highway speeds. Everytime I drive my car I have to take the rings off and re center them. The push against the valve stems. I'm scared they will slice a stem. Will be replacing them as soon as I find a correct and quality replacement.

X-77 keith
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 19, 02:33 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

I'd be looking into the ones from Summit, that Al posted. They look the same as OE, including mounting clips, at a reasonable price and you can't beat Summit's customer service or free shipping (over $100).

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 08:40 AM
Senior Tech
stan

Just a tip, I had OEM's on my last car and just placed three small strips of duct tape at 12, 5 and 9 o clock positions and they stayed put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in