Team Camaro Tech banner

15 inch rally wheel trim rings

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  X-77 keith 
#1 ·
I need to replace my wheel trim rings, was hoping someone can recommend a good place that they have ordered from. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know where to get them, but the OER rings are not good. They move around on the wheel.

#4 ·
I have been looking bat the heartbeat city ones myself. Have not pulled the trigger though.

#5 ·
#8 ·
The OER ones I got were 15/7 factory flat bead. They have the ring with the clips all around. I don't care about them tearing up the paint on the wheels. After all they cover up the scratches. They just don't stay put . They will move as you drive. That pushes them against the valve stem.

#10 ·
The ones in your link look exactly like the OER rings I bought. The mounting tabs don't hold tight against the wheel. Causing them to walk on the wheel at highway speeds. Everytime I drive my car I have to take the rings off and re center them. The push against the valve stems. I'm scared they will slice a stem. Will be replacing them as soon as I find a correct and quality replacement.

#13 ·
Pulled the trigger on the rings from Summit. They look good with the exception of the valve stem hole. The bright part looks good, but the metal backing needs trimming. Spent a few minutes with the did grinder and all is well . I drove 300 miles in my car today to and from an out of state car show. They didn't move. So I guess they are ok.

#15 ·
Sorry, not the best light. I went just over 300 miles at about 70 mph and they didn't move. I'm happy with them and they do look flash chrome.

Attachments

#18 ·
First pick is a better one of the valve stem hole with the extra metal. Can be trimmed in less than a minute with a die grinder. Although I do like the look of the car with the original Goodyear's and no cap and rings. Reminds me of the good old days at the track .

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.