Team Camaro Tech banner

Wingfoot HP vs Radial TAs

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  yellow69RS 
#1 ·
Looking for some opinions:
I have a 69z that I am keeping very original. It is 100k mile driver with all numbers matching under the hood. Body has some scratches and patina. Mirrors have slight pitting, bumpers show wear etc. Previous owner replace all emblems, I have swapped back to original.

I currently have new BFGoodrich radial TAs on it, but I also have a set of Goodyear Wingfoot HPs.

If my goal is to keep it old school original - do you think the Wingfoots add to that or have Radial TAs always been the tire of choice.
Thanks

#4 ·
Right on, put a tire on that was made recently. Like the others said, those Wingfoots are from the 80’s. If you’re gonna drive it put new tires on. Cooper Cobras are a good white letter alternative.

#7 ·
I had them on my Z. They drive like roller skates compared to the cheapest radials . I put about 100 miles on them, and then put the BFG's on it.

#10 ·
Looking for some opinions:
I have a 69z that I am keeping very original. It is 100k mile driver with all numbers matching under the hood. Body has some scratches and patina. Mirrors have slight pitting, bumpers show wear etc. Previous owner replace all emblems, I have swapped back to original.

I currently have new BFGoodrich radial TAs on it, but I also have a set of Goodyear Wingfoot HPs.

If my goal is to keep it old school original - do you think the Wingfoots add to that or have Radial TAs always been the tire of choice.
Thanks
RichieRich,
I have a great friend looking for goodyear wingfoot RWL for his car he has 3 and asked me to search the internet for one as he does not do internet. pwrcat4000@netscape.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.