Anybody with WheelVintiques Ralley Wheel? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Anybody with WheelVintiques Ralley Wheel?

Anybody running the Wheel Vintiques Ralley? I am inquiring about the steel wheel, not the billet aluminum. What is your opinion of quality and value? The billet aluminum are nice, but very expensive.
http://www.wheelvintiques.com

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159

Last edited by Andrew69; Sep 17th, 05 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 10:27 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Anybody with WheelVintiques Ralley Wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80
Anybody running the Wheel Vintiques Ralley? I am inquiring about the steel wheel, not the billet aluminum. What is your opinion of quality and value? The billet aluminum are nice, but very expensive.
http://www.wheelvintiques.com
I haven't used them, but a search on these forums for Vintiques turned up a hundred threads with others that have. I'll look through them for anyone using the steel ones.

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 10:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jack

I've been running them on my 69 Camaro for over two years and about 15K miles. I have BFG Radial TAs on 15x7 w/4in BS on front, 15x8 w/4.5 BS on the rear and another set of 15x8s with drag radials. I had no problems with fit, finish, mounting or balancing. I thought I had a bent rim on one but took it to another place and it checked out fine. For maintenance, I remove them from the car and clean/wax regularly. As of this morning, there are no signs of rust or corrosion. FYI, I'm using the repro rings and caps that I got from Ricks. The wheels are available from a bunch of different sources. I got mine from either Jegs or Summit (can't recall which) to take advantage of a discount and their free shipping.

Jack Eggers
67 Camaro, Blue, 327, 4L60E, Dana 60
10 Camaro 2LT RS, IBM, V6, Auto
10 Tundra Crew Cab, Silver, V8, Auto
16 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue, A8
17 ZL1, Hyper Blue, M6

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 10:54 AM
Senior Tech
Don

I've installed several of them on all kinds of vehicles. They are a good wheel for the money.

I had one that had lateral runout and had to be sent back, but all the others were fine.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~

Don't mess with Texas!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 10:59 AM
Team Member
Christropher

Most of the posts from other folks here have been good things to say about the wheels from WheelVintiques. The most common complaint seems to be a lack of trim rings for the larger diameter wheels like the 17" Ralleys. Those were old complaints mostly though so I don't know if they are making them by now.

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 05, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

I am considering buying a set of 16" (16x7 & 16x8) chrome plated wheels, sand blasting the center flat section, painting that area the ralley wheel color, and putting the caps on the centers.
That would give me the classic look without the trim rings, and allow me to run a larger wheel without it being too extreme. You're right that Summit is the best place to buy them, considering their shipping policy.

Skunk Works
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 05, 08:44 PM
Senior Tech

I have had to send 3 new rims back, for out of round problems-their quality control seems to have gotten poor.

I would have a tough time saying go for it!

JL
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 05, 04:32 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Glad someone brought the out of round issue up,,, as I was thinking about ordering a set. I have a set of orginals that have been straightened but too many times and am dealing with one that will not true up...Was thinking about putting my stockers back on as a stock set on any first gen is hard to beat.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 05, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

What is the acceptable out-of-round or eccentric tolerance for a wheel?

Skunk Works
Some photos:

Member # 159

Last edited by Andrew69; Sep 24th, 05 at 01:16 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 05, 10:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

I got a set of 17 x 8 Wheel Vintiques rallyes in 2001 for my 68 and they have been great.

I bought them with unfinished centers and chrome rims. I painted the centers. The chrome rims make it so you don't need trim rings.

A bit pricey but not too many other places to get 17 inch rallye wheels...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 05, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

T-Bone,

Thanks for the input, do you have a photo of the car, with wheels, that you can send me? I'll send you a private message with my e-mail address.
My reasoning for buying the fully chromed wheel to be blasted and painted is twofold. First, they are a stock item and more quickly shipped. Secondly, they would be protected from rust on the back side and the cracks and crevices around the welds.

Again I pose the question: What is the acceptable out-of-round or eccentric tolerance for a wheel? I need to check the wheel before I make any modifications to them.

Skunk Works
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 05, 01:51 PM
Senior Tech
Chris

just received a set of WV chrome rallys (from Summit) yesterday. out-of-the-box, I can say I'm pleased. one of the rears (15x8) has a small "burnt" spot on the outer rim edge, looks-like a small weld/spot; won't be really noticeable after a tire is installed, but, still all-in-all, following suit to someone else's comment about quality control.... the rim should have been rejected or re-chromed. it'd cost me more to send it back for an exchange than it would be worth, as a touch of silver paint will easily hide the flaw.
think maybe they had that in mind ??

'69 SS X66 Camaro
454, TH400 & GearVendor, 12 bolt
'82 Corvette.
stock
'81 Camaro Pro Bracket car.
406, TH350, 10 bolt, NHRA #3148
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 05, 07:22 AM
Senior Tech
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Vettrin
just received a set of WV chrome rallys (from Summit) yesterday. out-of-the-box, I can say I'm pleased. one of the rears (15x8) has a small "burnt" spot on the outer rim edge, looks-like a small weld/spot; won't be really noticeable after a tire is installed, but, still all-in-all, following suit to someone else's comment about quality control.... the rim should have been rejected or re-chromed. it'd cost me more to send it back for an exchange than it would be worth, as a touch of silver paint will easily hide the flaw.
an update to this thread:
P225/70R15 GoodYear Eagle GTIIs won't work on the front.. they stand 27" tall inflated and I discovered I only have room for a smidgen over a 26",,, they rub the fender when turned...am having to downsize to a P215/70R15 BFG (GoodYear doesn't make a P215 in an Eagle)
thank goodness my young brother owns a tire store and I have somewhat a degree of liberty in playing around with tires and sizes, because now I have to change the rears as well to have 4 matching...

'69 SS X66 Camaro
454, TH400 & GearVendor, 12 bolt
'82 Corvette.
stock
'81 Camaro Pro Bracket car.
406, TH350, 10 bolt, NHRA #3148
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 05, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

82Vettrin,

I assume this clearance issue is on your '69 Camaro. Is it riding at the factory height, or has it been lowered?

Skunk Works
Some photos:

Member # 159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode