Never had an older car, rim's recomend for the ride inside - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Never had an older car, rim's recomend for the ride inside

Hi guys. Well, The sale is final Monday but this is the car I am getting. Killer setup but I dont care for the rims to much. I dont want to blow a ton on rims. What do you guys recomend. Are there certian offsets for the 68? I have never owned an older car before. Any pictures and or prices as well as places to buy them would be helpful. They are 15inch rear and 14inch front with disk brakes.

Thanks,
Jon Pine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 01:48 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Never had an older car, rim's recomend for the ride inside

There are literally hundreds of posts with wheel and tire combinations, how they fit, and companies to get them from in the Wheel and Tires forums area. Go check it out.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Christropher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

I didnt look around to much. Posting from work. Thanks.

Can we put 18s on these with no issues. I feel like a virgin again....LOL I know so much about Corvettes and nothing about Camaros.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 02:46 PM

I have seen a lot of 1st Gens with 16's and 17's and they don't look too bad. I have only seen two with 18's and I was not impressed at all. If you want to look at wheels on the car or a resonable facimile, go to www.tirerack.com You can put the wheels on a virtual car to sort of see the effect. Choose wisely.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 03:01 PM
Senior Tech
Dr. Feelgood

Same thing with www.americanracing.com ...you can pull up your car and change wheels as you like.You can also change the stance on the car which I really like.

You're smart about changing out those wheels...they don't do anything for me either.

I personally don't like wheels bigger than 17" on 1st. gen car,again IMHO.I've put 18" Torque-Thrust "D" old school wheels on my '69 and thought it looked to "cartoonish" if you will.I ended up putting them on my Chevelle (great thing about having a stable .Stay with 17's all the way around and you'll be happy.I can't believe it's got 14's on the front!

S**tcan those ASAP and post again when you get some new shoes.

'67 Buick Skylark F/C "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM feature / 2/12 Gasoline (Swedish) feature
World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 03:30 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Arrow Re: Never had an older car, rim's recomend for the ride inside

any type of wheels will be fine ,

1967 RS 327
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 05, 05:19 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Talking Re: Never had an older car, rim's recomend for the ride inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarjohn
Same thing with www.americanracing.com ...you can pull up your car and change wheels as you like.You can also change the stance on the car which I really like.

You're smart about changing out those wheels...they don't do anything for me either.I can't believe it's got 14's on the front!

S**tcan those ASAP and post again when you get some new shoes.

yea who ever heard of a 14'' wheel ?

1967 RS 327
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 05, 02:36 AM

That car needs some old school weld wheels on it 8's and 5's JMHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode