need Wheel help.. with narrowed rear end - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 05, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Send a message via Yahoo to shooterpcb
need Wheel help.. with narrowed rear end

I have a 67 Camaro with a narrowed Dana 60 that is 48 inches wide hub-hub. I want to use a 15x10 wheel and was wondering if any of you had this same setup and what did you use for tire and what wheels with what backspacing do you have? My car's rear is tubbed. Thanks!!!

"There are two ways to do this... My way and the Wrong way." - Dale Earnhardt '99

Neil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 05, 03:58 PM

Re: need Wheel help.. with narrowed rear end

I also have a 67 SS with a narrowed Dana 60 and tubbed. I used 15x10 weld pro star with a 3.5 back spacing, and 325/50R15 BFG drag Radials and installed a 3.5 inch billet spacer, this aligned the front and rear tires nicely and gives the car a nice stance. if you're interested in the spacers let me know and I'll try and find the manufacturer for ya.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 05, 08:04 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: need Wheel help.. with narrowed rear end

Use a straight edge at wheel mounting area and measure in to tub (closest point) and then measure out from inner to wheelwell lip (closest point). This will give you a close idea to max BS and max width, then you'll need to allow for tire flex and growth.

Make a cardboard cutout and see how it fits in all positions (don't forget suspension travel). That should give you an idea of tire size and wheel size. Good luck !

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode