Ordering Rims Today!!!!!!!!! Questions????? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Question Ordering Rims Today!!!!!!!!! Questions?????

So i ended up choosing the Intro Twisted Vistas w/ a polished finish. 17x7 Front & 17x8 Rear. I'm gonna be running Baer Brakes all the way around, 13" rotors front & 12" rotors rear. Lowered 2" front & 1.5" in the rear. And Speedtech Tubular A Arms top & bottom.

So i guess i'll be running 245/45/17's front & 275/45/17's rear. With a 4.75" Backspacing front & a 5.5" Backspacing in the rear.

Does that sound about right? I wanna make sure the tires won't rub and i'll have enough clearance for the brakes.

These are the rims.

My Cars:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 Lemans Sport 350 w/ 48k Original Miles!!! SOLD!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

Last edited by jay'srs/ss; Nov 28th, 05 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 03:43 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Re: Ordering Rims Today!!!!!!!!! Questions?????

Order a set for me too

Christropher

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 03:51 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Armando

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this thread cuz I have the same car with the same drop and the same brakes. How much were those wheels?? thye are sweet! .. let me know how it comes out!!

Armando

1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS (sold)
2002 F150 Harley Davidson (sold)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasrs/ss
I'm gonna keep a close eye on this thread cuz I have the same car with the same drop and the same brakes. How much were those wheels?? thye are sweet! .. let me know how it comes out!!
Should come out to around $1,700 for the wheels. I'm probably going with Yokohama AVS Sport tires. My brother worked at America's Tire Co for 3 years, he said those are good tires. So i figure $2,500 for the wheels and tires total.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 05:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

I believe that with those rim widths your front should have about 4" backspace, and the rear should have about 4.5" backspace.
The '69 Z cars had 7" width with 4" backspace. That seems to be the center point to work off of.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33D80
I believe that with those rim widths your front should have about 4" backspace, and the rear should have about 4.5" backspace.
The '69 Z cars had 7" width with 4" backspace. That seems to be the center point to work off of.
That's what i was thinking also. But, in accualty the rims are overall an inch wider than advertized. So the 7" are really 8" from bead to bead. Kinda odd i know. So the backspacing i mentioned above should be okay. I might go less an .25" just to be safe.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 05, 08:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Armando

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay'srs/ss
That's what i was thinking also. But, in accualty the rims are overall an inch wider than advertized. So the 7" are really 8" from bead to bead. Kinda odd i know. So the backspacing i mentioned above should be okay. I might go less an .25" just to be safe.
did I read somewhere that the baer brake kit changes your backspacing a lil bit??

Armando

1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS (sold)
2002 F150 Harley Davidson (sold)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasrs/ss
did I read somewhere that the baer brake kit changes your backspacing a lil bit??
Don't know? Guess i'm gonna have to find out.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 10:14 AM
Senior Tech
Garry

Those are nice wheels. A buddy of mine has a set on his '65 impala.. Except his are 20's and 18's.

1969 LM1 Convertible Camaro

The restoration is ON!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 11:33 AM
Senior Tech

baer brake add less than 1/4" of B/S if you originaly had drums
and almost nothing if you had factory discs

thats just what i have heard here, i didnt measure them myself
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 06:10 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

I belive your offsets are pretty close if your front wheels are 8" and your rear are ~ 9.5"

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 06:25 PM
Senior Tech

ya they are what i have heard for 8" front and 9.5" rear
but they may not be right for 7" front and 8" rear

thats there wierdest thing i have ever heard, that the 7" wide rim is actualy an 8" wide rim,
unless you are refering to the outside of the rim being 8" wide, and the inside edge of the beads is 7", then that is normal, and you might want to change your backspacing, or order wider rims
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 07:17 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

I agree with 400bird on checking the backspacing again. I just put 17x8 w/ 4.75bs on front with 245/45/17 and 17x9.5 w/ 5.5bs and 275/40/17 on rear. With 7 and 8 inch rims I think your backspacing is off and if you use the same tire size I did, I think it would look a little off with 7 and 8 inch rims.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode