Okay...I'm changing my mind again - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Omaha SS
Okay...I'm changing my mind again

I'm at that fragile stage in the early restification phase. I need to decide and purchase a wheel/tires setup to measure and make the necessary modifications. I think I'm going with 17x7 or 17x8's or 18's up front and 20x12 rear. I've decided the only way this size looks good to me on a '69 Camaro is with the center painted and the lip polished.

So...please help me decide on tire sizes that will be approximately the same overall heighth and will look good. Also, can someone point me in the direction to who will make a 20x12? I'd like to find a somewhat modern design that's fairly simple. No bling. Painted center with a polished lip.

Thanks

-'69 Camaro SS 396 X66 (project car)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-'12 Subaru WRX hatchback (daily driver/AutoX/track day)
-'98 Dodge Ram 2500 (Camaro parts hauler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 01:09 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Okay...I'm changing my mind again

ewww... 20's
what ever (if fact ive never heard of anyone who makes a 20 that wide)

but i can help you find tire sizes, go to www.tirerack.com
you can look at all different sizes of tires to see the height, recomended rim width, tread width, they even have slicks
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 05, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

haha. Well I could still change my mind again tomorrow. I still might go 17's front and 18's rear. Either way I can't seem to find any 18x11 or 18x12 as well as 20x12's online.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Omaha SS; Dec 6th, 05 at 01:50 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 05, 03:18 PM

Intro wheels makes a 20x10 which is really a 20x11. Also, Budnik may be able to make a custom width for you but it may be expensive. both companies will powdercoat the centers. hope that helps. If you look at intros site add one inch to every width. If you have any more questions call Dave at intro wheels. good luck. If you have a deep pocketbook try, boze forged, forgeline, fiske, ccw, kenisis...thats just of the top of my head for now. Budnik and intro are the cheapest.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 05, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by third base
Intro wheels makes a 20x10 which is really a 20x11. Also, Budnik may be able to make a custom width for you but it may be expensive. both companies will powdercoat the centers. hope that helps. If you look at intros site add one inch to every width. If you have any more questions call Dave at intro wheels. good luck. If you have a deep pocketbook try, boze forged, forgeline, fiske, ccw, kenisis...thats just of the top of my head for now. Budnik and intro are the cheapest.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into those. I also found out Colorado Customs makes 18x12 and 20x12's as well. Another problem I'm facing is that the biggest tire sizes for 18's and 20's are recommended for 11 or 11.5" wide.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 05, 05:27 AM

335/30 is recommended for an 18x12. That size is readily available from several manufacturers. I have no idea what would go on a 20x12.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 06, 09:10 PM
Senior Tech
Todd

325/25/20 is what works on the 20x12 rim not much sidewall
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 06, 06:01 PM
Senior Tech

Michilen Pilot Sport 335/30-20 - rim width range 11.5 - 12.5 measured on a 12 wide wheel priced at $441.00 at the Tire Rack. Tire height is 28" tall so 4" sidewalls (not too bad). Hey lots are guys are running 335/30-18s on 12s inside DSE mini tubs. It's a matter of personal taste but if you go with the 20s in the rear you need at least 18s in the front. Billet wheels will definitely be the cheapest (if that word even applies here). You can also add HRE to the list of high end stuff. All the companies that were mentioned make 12s but they are special order (spelled expensive).

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode