My Rims Arrived....Just In Time For Xmas!! - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Talking My Rims Arrived....Just In Time For Xmas!!

Got my rims in the other day. Gonna mount em on Wednesday. I can hardly wait. It's gonna look awesome!

17x7 Front & 17x8 Rear Intro Twisted Vistas Polished

My Cars:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 Lemans Sport 350 w/ 48k Original Miles!!! SOLD!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 03:39 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

Re: My Rims Arrived....Just In Time For Xmas!!

Those rims look sweet! I remember when you were fixing to order them, glad to see you got them. They are gonna look awesome on your car. When you get them on post some pics.

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 05:26 PM
Senior Tech

Damn those do look nice? How much did they cost shipped? From where?

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

and

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Lewis
Damn those do look nice? How much did they cost shipped? From where?
My brother used to work for America's Tire Co. I got them for about $1,500. I'm gonna run Yokohama Sport AVS tires. It's gonna be sweet.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 06:20 PM
Senior Tech
Wayne

Those look fast standing still. Very nice! Post pics when ya get them mounted.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 05, 09:17 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

VERY nice and can't wait to see them on your car. Good choice......

Scott

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 05, 04:00 AM
Senior Tech
Rod

Very nice. Post some pics once they are installed on the car.

Rod
69 Camaro with LS2/4l70e

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 05, 06:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Garage

Sweet!

Jeff

- 400 Dart Little"M", SRP 10.2:1, 4340 Scat rotating Assy, Solid Roller, AFR 210 Eliminators, Jesel shaft rockers,Super vic, Prosystems 847CFM, Tko600, 12 bolt 4:10 Eaton posi W/ Strange Hy-Tuf race axles and eliminators.
Best E.T. (11.96 @ 118.06) N/A

Classic Copper 4 Spd

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 05, 11:14 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Armando

hey Jay, after you have them installed let me know what your backspacing was for the front and rear. Whatever you came up with is the backspacing I'm going to order~!~!

Armando

1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS (sold)
2002 F150 Harley Davidson (sold)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 05, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasrs/ss
hey Jay, after you have them installed let me know what your backspacing was for the front and rear. Whatever you came up with is the backspacing I'm going to order~!~!
I got 4.75" BS for the Front, and 5.5" BS Rear. 17x7 F & 17x8 R. I'm only waiting on my Baer Brakes to come in, so i can install the Hotchkis TVS System, Speedtech Tubular A Arms Top & Bottom, along with the brakes. I can hardly wait. I was gonna put the rims & tires on tommorrow, but it's supposed to rain like hell.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 05, 01:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

When I got my rims the other week I went ahead and put them on the car without the tires just to make sure no one screwed up. I suggest you do the same if you haven't already. Of course you'll have to jack it up with weight on the suspension as if it were on the ground.

Robert

355ci 10:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Comp Mag 280H, Performer RPM, 700r4 (2000 stall), 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB Hotchkis

369ci 10.3:1, 64cc Edelbrocks, Voodoo 276/284, Performer RPM, Holley 650DP ...T56 Magnum, 3.73 Moser 12 bolt
TC member #18
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 05, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo
When I got my rims the other week I went ahead and put them on the car without the tires just to make sure no one screwed up. I suggest you do the same if you haven't already. Of course you'll have to jack it up with weight on the suspension as if it were on the ground.
I agree, in fact, my Intro Pentias came in today and I did just that. Good thing I did because my 20's in the rear didn't fit. Dave at Intro was was pretty insistant that he should do the backspacing on my car and I let him. Ol' well, I am happy it was his screw up and not mine. The backspacing on the 18's in the front worked perfect.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 05, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

I had to go with a 225 on the front and a 255 on the rear. The 275's weren't gonna fit at all. So i'm waiting for those to come in. I guess i should put a rim on without a tire to double check.

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 05, 03:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Armando

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay'srs/ss
I had to go with a 225 on the front and a 255 on the rear. The 275's weren't gonna fit at all. So i'm waiting for those to come in. I guess i should put a rim on without a tire to double check.
a couple of questions jay..

1. Do you think that when you install your baer brakes that your offset will get better or throw it more out of whack??

2. what do you think would have been the ideal offset for the size tires you originally wanted??

besides the color of the car and the engine choice, choosing the right size and offset of my wheels is what scares me the most!! I'm still not confident enough yet to order any wheels at this time.

Armando

1967 Chevy Camaro RS/SS
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS (sold)
2002 F150 Harley Davidson (sold)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 05, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejasrs/ss
a couple of questions jay..

1. Do you think that when you install your baer brakes that your offset will get better or throw it more out of whack??

2. what do you think would have been the ideal offset for the size tires you originally wanted??

besides the color of the car and the engine choice, choosing the right size and offset of my wheels is what scares me the most!! I'm still not confident enough yet to order any wheels at this time.
Lets see, to ansewer you first question, i don't know. I would think it would be close, since my car has discs on the front already. They aren't Baer, but i would think it should be close to the same. And for the second question, 17x8 will fit 245's on the front. And you'd need a 9.5 or 10 in rim to fit a 275. So that combo would be:

17x8 4.75" BS w/ 245/40/17 for the front & 17x9.5 5.5" BS w/ 275/45/17 on the back.

But the rims i wanted weren't available in a 9.5 in rim. Unless i went with a 18" rim. But i wanted 17's, so i could only get a 8" or 10" rim. And with a 1.5" drop in the rear, i didn't want the tires to hit the fender lip. I think i'll be fine with my setup. We'll find out i guess!

My Cars:

SOLD!!!
88 Camaro IROC-Z SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode