ET Streets on the street - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

ET Streets on the street

How do the MT ET Street Radials behave on the highway? Can I run these on Power Tour, etc. at highway speeds through the rain?

Thanks. -Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 12:49 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: ET Streets on the street

Not really made for the rain... but... Buddy with a 67SS drove his 300 or so miles on the MT DR's and in the rain (not all 300 miles ) at 60+ without issues according to him.

Being what they are and ment to do, you could but 2000+ miles ? I'd run something else.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 01:05 PM
Senior Tech

Neil,

That would scare the shiznit out of me, I run Hooseir quick time pros and I wouldnt think of running them on a long haul such as the hot rod power tour. Wet weather would be really risky, the razor blade grooves in those tires are worthless. And I can tell you if Im going a moderate speed around an overpass I can sometimes feel the sidewall of the tire folding over, not good. Just going to local cruise nights I often think Im pushing my luck. Be safe mount up some radial street hides and enjoy the cruise with no worries.

Rich

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 04:04 PM

I would agree with rick in dry weather the traction is good with low air pressure. But if you leave the air pressure low and ride a lot your going to ware your rubber twice as fast. And if you air them up there goes most you traction and then add rain. Not a good combanation. You can also do as i have on my 7.54 e/t daily driver 92 gmc pick up and runn a set of 255 50 15 nitto extrems good traction plus good all weather performance.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 04:20 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

I agree, ET Streets wouldn't be my choice for what you are trying to do. They are basically useless in the rain. I ran them on the street for a while and didn't really like them. If you want a sticky street tire with a firm side wall and a little better groove, try the ET Street Radials. I have yet to drive on mine, let alone in the rain, but they are a lot more stable than regular ET streets and have more and larger grooves. Neither one is a rain tire, but I would much rather be caught in the rain with the radials.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d
I agree, ET Streets wouldn't be my choice for what you are trying to do. They are basically useless in the rain. I ran them on the street for a while and didn't really like them. If you want a sticky street tire with a firm side wall and a little better groove, try the ET Street Radials. I have yet to drive on mine, let alone in the rain, but they are a lot more stable than regular ET streets and have more and larger grooves. Neither one is a rain tire, but I would much rather be caught in the rain with the radials.
Camaroman,

I was referring to the radials, not the bias ply ET Streets. I have a friend that runs the Nitto drag radials on a 4th Gen daily driver, so I was curious if this could be done with the ET Street Radials. I wanna be ready for action at Gainesville Dragway and E-Town when the tour arrives without having to carry a spare set of wheels. : )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 06, 09:24 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

The ET Street Radials are fine on the street for shorter trips. (100 miles at a time.) A couple guys around here run them all the time. Although the hide from the rain. (it's like driving on black ice) They get 5-10k miles on them. Keep in mind that includes 1/4 mile trips. With the distance and weather issues I wouldn't run them on the power tour. Get yourself a sticky set of street radials.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode