YH Wheels on e-bay - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 06, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

YH Wheels on e-bay

Any thoughts as to the legitimacy of the set of four YH wheels dated 2-28-69? E-bay ad 4610968909

Last edited by Ironworker; Feb 10th, 06 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 06, 06:42 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Sidney

Thumbs down Re: YH Wheels on e-bay

Well I've heard about this for a while but these are the first I've seen. From what I've been told, by some legitimate guy's that deal in lots of wheels.....at least 2 of these are RESTAMPED!

I can't believe how high the bidding is with 2+ days left....looks like someone is gonna get screwed!!!

'69 RS/Z28 Tribute or Recreation or whatever it's called ~ In Progress!
'69 Z28 X77/D80 ~ Appreciating
'69 Camaro ~ In Waiting.......

Last edited by Sid69Z's; Feb 10th, 06 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Too much information
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 06, 10:37 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Re: YH Wheels on e-bay

I saw these on ebay and thought they looked OK, in fact a friend of mine was interested in them, but not any more. I compared them to the 5 original YH wheels i have dated Feb 27/27/27/26/26, as well as 6 other original YH wheels and the wheels on ebay do not look the same. The stampings are way different than all of mine and 3 of them look like small slot wheels (although it is hard to tell from the ebay pictures) which were not made until Sept/69 on. All pre Sept/69 YH wheels have bigger slots, with irregular shaped corners.
I do not particularily want to say what is different with the stampings, because like the trim tag makers the people who are possibly ? restamping these will learn.
The vendor has great feedback by the way, so maybe they are not aware that they might be incorrect.

My YH wheels are not for sale, they are for my 2 cars.
Hope this helps somewhat.

2002 Jerry Bickle Cavalier, 446" Small Block, Brodix Canted Valve, lenco 5 speed, 7.54 @ 180. mph,1.06 60', 2235 lbs for 2014. GM Canada Docs, Highly Optioned 69 RSZ28 , Hugger Orange, White Stripes, 42,000 mile survivor, owned since 1973.

Last edited by rszmjt; Feb 10th, 06 at 11:29 PM. Reason: addition to text, to much information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode