Would like to know correct backspacing(with mini-tub)? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 06, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Don

Question Would like to know correct backspacing(with mini-tub)?

Guys,
I'm sure that this topic has been beat to death by now but I'm not really sure that anyone has covered it with the Air Ride air-bar 4 link kit?
Basically, I'll be ordering a set of HRE's here fairly soon but I'm probably going to order them before the suspension setup is complete. I'm going with 18's all the way around. I'de like to know the correct width's and backspacing for the front and rear's?
I'll be running a DSE mini-tub with a new tank and the air bar kit on the rear and the shock wave's up front with probably the global west control arms. I really want to stuff 345's on the rear and 275's up front if it's possible. I was thinking somewhere around 18x12's on the rear with 6.5 or 7 inches of BS. And, 18x9's on the front with 5.25 inches of backspacing, how close/far off am I?
Thanks,
Donnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 06, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Would like to know correct backspacing(with mini-tub)?

well im in school iin redding so wow you are close, id like to stop by, even help if your interested, doesnt sound normal, but i miss working on my car while im at school

if you want to put 275 in the front look to carlc's website, he is the only one i have seen do that
http://www.geocities.com/casanoc/

and the rear sorry but i am no help there, but if you use a 10" rim w/ 5.5" bs in a normal (non tubeed car), then with mini tubs and a 12" wide rim, my guess is 7.5" bs
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 06, 10:21 AM

Re: Would like to know correct backspacing(with mini-tub)?

Donnie, there are too many variables to take into account on a mini-tub to just say what will and what won't fit. You really need to mini-tub, buy the wheels and tires you want, mock it all up, then measure for the rear end. That's how I did mine as well as several of my friends that have done it as well.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 06, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Don

Thumbs up Re: Would like to know correct backspacing(with mini-tub)?

Scott,
Good point about the rear-end...doh! I wasn't really thinking about that aspect of it.
Thanks again,
Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode