Wheels that work with C5 Conversion - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Wheels that work with C5 Conversion

I am looking at getting the Touring Classics C5 conversion kit for the front and they told me that I need at least a 17" wheel to work with the kit. I am considering putting on 18X8 on the front with a 5" BS and 18X9.5 on the back with 5.5" BS. The three main choices right now are Coy's C5, Boyd's Smoothies, and Intro V-Rod's. The problem with Boyds is they only have a 18X10 rear wheel and I don't know what offset to use for that and if it will even work. My body is a 68 coupe with no drop. I'm thinking of tires for the back would be 275/40/18 and the front 235/40/18. Please help me out with tire and backspacing so I can fit some wheels over that brake kit. I also plan on running the disc kit in the back later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 04:49 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Re: Wheels that work with C5 Conversion

dsjlik,
That's a lot of wheel. The guys over at www.pro-touring.com may be better able to answer the question about 18's, I don't know how they'd ever fit. Maybe someone here can help.

I went with the Touring-Classics C4/C5 Hybrid kit so that I could run 17" wheels. I couldn't say enough good things about Noel Garcia over there. True stand up guy. The kit is great. Easy install. It will fit most 17" wheels. I have F*rd ends on my 12 bolt, and they helped me out with the correct brackets.

On my 67, I have Vintage Wheel Works, V45's, 17x8 BS 4.5 245/45/17 Front, 17x9.5 5.5 BS 275/40/17 Rear. I have tubular a-arms, which makes the fronts able to fit. The rear is tight.

I haven't driven mine yet. Still have a month or so of assembly yet...

Scott

His and Hers Marina blue 67's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

How hard is the kit install because I have not had much brake experience but I consider myself a quick learner and I will have my roomate and a whole weekend dedicated to doing it myself. I will get the full kit including hubs from Noel. I agree with you about Noel he is a great person to work with and that alone is why I'm buying from him I've dealt with too many stuck up gearheads that treat me like I'm dumb if I don't know everything to know about whatever parts I'm asking about.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 07:17 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

The Coy's will clear the Hybrid kit with some room to spare on 17's. The C5 kit is close and may fit but there's only about a 1/4" to spare. Again I only checked 17's. According to Coy's the C5 brakes fit, but it's very tight. I've been looking at the Touring Classics for the last year, and almost bought the Coy's this spring. I brought a template to the car shows when I was shopping for wheels.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1/[email protected]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 06, 10:15 PM
Senior Tech

I'm using the C5 setup with 17 inch vintage wheel works wheels on the front with no problem , fronts are 17x8 with a 4 3/4 backspace .
Mark .

pictures can be viewed at
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 06, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

That works for me if the 17's clear then the 18's should definitely work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode