front tire rub - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 06, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

front tire rub

I have P235/60 R15 Goodrich Radial T/As on my '68 in front. I get tire rub when hitting a dip or bump, especially if there are passengers in the car. Any simple suggestions to alter the suspension so it won't bottom out? I've heard there may be some spacers that would fix the problem. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 06, 09:10 PM

Re: front tire rub

I have used spacers in the coil springs before, and it works okay, but screws up you suspension. What size rims are you running? From all that I am reading, a 15 x 7 with 4" or 4 1/2" backspacing should work. I am getting ready to change out my wheels, and was going to go to 235/60/15 with 15 x 7's up front.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 06, 10:42 PM
Senior Tech

Re: front tire rub

It sounds like the front springs are tired. You can get a set of Moog front springs fairly reasonable. Go to the suspension forum and do a search - better yet go to David Pozzi the moderator's site and get more suspension info than you can even imagine. He has a list of springs and spring rates you can choose from. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode