Wheel opinion - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 06, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Wheel opinion

My car is just about ready for some new shoes.

With a million choices out there I am confused. Looking at color combo of my car, is there a wheel (black or chrome) that would be a nice finishing touch? Please post a pic if you have one. I probably would not go bigger than a 17. Thanks for any opinions.

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 06, 06:43 PM

Re: Wheel opinion

Those are 17"... I had my eye on them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-BL...65180116QQrdZ1
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 06, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

They look cool but I wonder who makes them. Cragar style but not Cragar or affiliated with Cragar. For that price, I guess it doesn't matter though. Thanks for the tip.

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 06, 10:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M

Personally I really like the Vintage Wheel Works V45's, although they're not black or chrome like you mentioned. Kind of a classic style but in a modern size, similar to the Torque Thrust II but just different enough, and not as overdone, in my opinion anyhow... I think there's a few people on this site with them.

Mike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 06, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TClovis View Post
They look cool but I wonder who makes them. Cragar style but not Cragar or affiliated with Cragar. For that price, I guess it doesn't matter though. Thanks for the tip.
Wheel Replicas. I'm looking at them too.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 10:02 AM

I still can't decide for myself if I want to stick with the stock size, or upgrade for a little bigger. Mike, I DEFINATELY like those wheels...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 11:39 AM

Fwiw, Verda make's a Chevy pattern wheel that is a duplicate to the Mustang Pony-car "Bullitt" wheel if you are interested!!

I like Bullitt's so much that I changed everything over to the Ford pattern and even 1/2" studs so I could use them before I found out about Verda..

The Light gray/silver Bullitt's are on my car now.............

And to me, the dark centered Bullitt's are prettier still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdq67

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 05:45 PM
Tech Team

I like the black wheels the best and the price is good. I have a black Rally Sport and they would look good on the car, but I am already committed to the stock Rally Sport look.

Larry
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 07, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Roadman,

I'm taking your advice. After thinking about it, I decided the car is the "Show" and the pretty much the wheel should look nice but blend. Although I love a super shiny wheel I think I'm going to go old school now.

Tony

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 07, 06:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Wheel opinion

"Old-School" you say!!

Then run stock steel wheels that use "3-dog-knot", dog-dish hubcaps, paint them black and install "Baby Moons"

Talk about "Old-School"!!

He, He!!

pdq67

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 07, 06:42 PM

that car will look good with any wheel
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 09:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Send a message via MSN to Mike_M

I think an original torque thrust style wheel or the Vintage Wheel works in a 16" would look really nice on there. Something in an "as cast" or media blasted finish, nothing too shiney or blingy to take away from the car itself. For some reason those "cragar" style wheels look too modern to me, probably because the dish doesn't look quite right to me - too flush. Here's a link to CarlC's camaro on the Vintage Wheel works photo gallery with 16x8" V45's.

http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/vie...dir=0&img_id=5

Mike...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

I hadn't thought of those but they do look really nice. Thanks for the link.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 06:08 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

24" spinners. That was even tough to type.

1969 original SS in family since 1971.350/330 crate w/ comp 270 roller cam,2004R,355 12 Bolt posi,P/S P/FTD Brakes P/W P/TOP Orig A/C car but removed.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 07, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

I saw the extra "Pimped Out" wheels today. Big Dollar sign wheels (not joking). They were really shiny with some gold trim and a huge dollar sign in the middle. I would love to see who buys those!

Okay, call me a flake but I've back-tracked again. I am now planning to go with the Billet Specialties Qualifier wheel. 16 by 7's all the way around. 235/55/16 front and rear.

That tire ratio should keep my speedometer reading near perfect from a 215/70/14 stock tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode