Has anyone tried the Billet Specialties - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Has anyone tried the Billet Specialties

FastLane or the Intro Hammer wheels? If so, could you post a pic.

I'm deciding between these two (I think). This is by far the hardest decision so far.

Also, due to cost I will go with a 15 inch wheel. Is there anything I need to know on fitment? I'm thinking of a 15 by 7 front and 15 by 8 rear. The tire size will be 265 60 15 front and 265 50 15 rear in probably a BG Goodrich T/A radial.http://www.billetspecialties.com/ite...id=132&pid=721
javascript:;

http://www.introwheels.com/images/im...mmer_5_500.jpg

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 05:38 PM
Tech Team

Re: Has anyone tried the Billet Specialties

Unfortunately, pricey wheels always seem to loose about 35 to 40% of there value when you mount them on your ride. I presently have chrome Torque Thrust wheels on my 68 and switched to Rally Sport wheels that keep in touch with when the car was built. Potential buyers tried to hose me on the price for the used Torque Thrust Wheels. Not everyone has the same tastes as yourself. You may want to reconsider what you put on your 68'.

Larry
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

I like Rally wheels and torque thrust but these have caught my eye when browsing for wheels. The wheels will be a permanent fixture and I won't be selling my car so resale is of no importance to me.

I was just wondering if anyone has installed these on their cars and if someone could post a picture. I want to see them on is all.

The thing about wheels is they mount on and off pretty quickly so rallys are always there if I want them and they're quite reasonable on pricing.

Thanks for your advice.

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 06, 10:18 PM
Senior Tech
BARRY

mine with billet specialties gtx07 17by 9-1/2 rear 17-8 front with no mini tubs and no rub. what ever you do forget what people tell you find the wheel you like.
barry
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 06, 06:52 AM

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone tried the Billet Specialties

You will find that the same size tire, but in a 60 and a 50, the 50 will be shorter so you may need to rethink your tire combination.

I dearly loved the old E-60 and L-60, (14"), combination I ran on my car for years..

But it's totally Old-School today...

pdq67

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 06, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Pro tc,

I'd be happy with your exact set up. My car is stock height, is yours? If it is, what tire dimensions did you go with. I love the profile and wheels. I might end up copying you if that's okay. I was checking out the GTX01's but I really like yours.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 06, 12:30 PM
Senior Tech
BARRY

my car is lowered. 1 inch guldstrand lowering block in the rear and eibach springs in the front. thay dont make the gtx 07 anymore but thay do have something close. 275-40-17 rear 5.5 bs front 245-40-17 5.0 bs
barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode