Tire/wheel, 4 piston disks, stock suspension - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 07, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Tire/wheel, 4 piston disks, stock suspension

Hi all,

I've read thru all the posts and I'm still confused! I want to use American Racing wheels on my '67, with 4 piston front brakes, rear drums, standard suspension, 4 leaf rear springs. Looking for an aggresive, but not slammed look. What size tires/wheels with back spacing would you all recommend? Doesn't matter if the fronts/rears are different sizes.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 07, 05:43 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Tire/wheel, 4 piston disks, stock suspension

A little more info would be good. Do you want to run 15s? 17s? Staggered 17/18s - 19s/20s? Let us know. Most of the same size wheels and section width tires apply from 17s on up to 20s in the rear. Front 8s with 4.75 - 5.0 backspace up to a 245 tire. Rear up to 9.5 wide 5.5 backspace with up to a 275 tire.

Jack
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 07, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Re: Tire/wheel, 4 piston disks, stock suspension

I was thinking either 15x7s all around or maybe 15x7 front, 15x8.5 rear. I'm not apposed to 17s either. I'm just not sure what will fit and look good. I want them to clear the disk brakes in the front, stay within the wheel wells and look good.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode