Back spacing on a 68 Conv. - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Back spacing on a 68 Conv.

Hey Folks,
Used this thing so much ,decided to start paying for it!
I have a 68 Vert with the Good Ol' ralleys on it.I want to put a set of Cragar S/S on it 15" Rims (Old School here had a 47 Willys jeep with 16" rims ,16 and up are for trucks ,not 60's muscle)
So the question you've heard a thousand times? What size tire and BS?
Stock Disc on front ,disc conversion on rear Can I run a 215/60/15 on the front? and a 255/60/15 on the Back? and what Back spacing should I use for each? I want to stay with a Tire on the Back about 26 Dia. as this was the tire used to figure the gear in the TKO600
Don't want to mess up my speedometer.
Thanks for the Help David

As for the 16" wheels ....Opinions are like Butts ...Everybody has one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 06:11 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Re: Back spacing on a 68 Conv.

You can easily run 225's in front and 255's in back.

Also, think hard about staying with 15's, old school doesn't have to be old fashioned. Check the "midyears" page on my website to read and see my cragars. 17x7. 3 7/8" bs w/225-50-16's in front, and 17x8 4 1/2" bs w 255-50-17's in back. Would work just as well with 16's all around.

Note that while the new 15" SS mags are still the old one size fits all unilug design, the 16's and 17's are specific to each bolt pattern, and use a conical seat lug nut to hold the wheel true to the hub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Jim I'm just gonna stay with 15'S .We used to run Unilug wheels and never had a problem with them I just want to make sure that they are right I assume BS will be the same regardless?
Thanks David

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 07, 06:53 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

yup. fronts will be 7's, as close to 4" bs as they make. back's will be 8" w/ 4 1/2"

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode